Pirate 4x4 banner

5901 - 5920 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
If y’all want some real fun, get a farm trailer that has the steering front axle. It will turn every direction except the one you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
If y’all want some real fun, get a farm trailer that has the steering front axle. It will turn every direction except the one you want.

Yup. Done it. Didn't know what I didn't know and got fairly good at backing it up predictably.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Sitting at my parents house, waiting for a battery to charge so I can cut the rusted tank to bowl bolt off one of their toilets. I think I rebuilt this one about 30 years ago when I was still in high school. Not a bad run...

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Yup. Done it. Didn't know what I didn't know and got fairly good at backing it up predictably.

Bonus internet points if you did it with dry rotted semi-flat tires. We have one we use for hauling irrigation pipe. We’ve pulled it further than we should have on tires with the steel belts showing.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
I think the wife and I are going to head over to the Texplex in Midlothian shortly. They are hosting the Unlimited Offroad Expo this year. Not really my cup of tea looking at big gay trucks and mall crawler Jeeps but it's nice out and its something to do.
Not sure why I even remotely thought this was going to be a good idea..... Drove to Texplex, saw all the Toyota and Jeep fags driving their mall crawlers over piles of perfectly groomed dirt, spotted one cool rock buggy sitting parked in a field nowhere near any rocks, a couple vendor tents and nothing else even worth mentioning. Gave the wife the look, and she suggested we go helmet shopping instead. Made a U turn at the gate and got TF outta there!

The wife picked up a helmet for the SxS and I got myself a new pair of goggles and a few packs of tear offs.

When we got home the wife mentioned going out for dinner tonight in Dallas, and making it a date night. :bounce2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been driving manual transmission vehicles for so long, I can't drive an automatic any more.

We had to rent a vehicle, some huge boat of an SUV a couple years ago, power everyfrickenthing, and after riding with me in the parking lot, about 100 yards, my wife said she was diving. She did pretty well, too. Not me, though. I keep trying to push in the clutch, and hitting that damn big, wide brake pedal. Keep trying to shove our heads into the windshield. Hey, what can I say, old habits...

On the other hand, there's a very small chance of getting my vehicles stolen. Most of the crooks are young enough, they have no idea how to drive a manual any more. No more than I could drive an automatic.

I ever have to get a new truck, I'm screwed...
We're both real good at trailers, though. My wife's had horses, and those have to be backed right.

Have fun, everyone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure why I even remotely thought this was going to be a good idea..... Drove to Texplex, saw all the Toyota and Jeep fags driving their mall crawlers over piles of perfectly groomed dirt, spotted one cool rock buggy sitting parked in a field nowhere near any rocks, a couple vendor tents and nothing else even worth mentioning. Gave the wife the look, and she suggested we go helmet shopping instead. Made a U turn at the gate and got TF outta there!

The wife picked up a helmet for the SxS and I got myself a new pair of goggles and a few packs of tear offs.

When we got home the wife mentioned going out for dinner tonight in Dallas, and making it a date night. :bounce2:
Nice recovery! Enjoy your evening

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Bonus internet points if you did it with dry rotted semi-flat tires. We have one we use for hauling irrigation pipe. We’ve pulled it further than we should have on tires with the steel belts showing.
trailer tires don't gotta be pretty, they just gotta hold air and last until the spare goes on :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

Was thinking about getting the SSSRodeo out and have the wife drive me down there.
But she didn't want to go, so we went to the Jeeps Dealer in north Fort Worth to look up close at the Gladiators.

I told her I'd rather buy an airplane than spend my money on a Jeep. But my birthday is coming up soon and I think she's thinking I need a new truck. And she's always wanted a Jeep. My current pickup is 20 years old.

Glad we didn't head that way.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
went to check out a small pull a part junkyard at the NY NJ border. It was nice t see a yard with cars not picked over clean. It was too cold to get anything but there was a square body gm dana 60 there. It shocked me to actually see the kingpin axle i blurted out "ahh shit ninja"so loud that i think they heard it in the next town over. Saw a pile of 9" fords on a pallet and saw a car carrier trailer that i want parts for to build a crawler hauler.

The best part of it was when we walked in. There was this Cat that ran right up to me. ( i love Cats). It even had the same name as My wife and my last cat that my Life Partner gave us. The lady at the counter was nice and we all chatted it up a bit. Found out that she was in a very bad domestic V marriage. She isn't over it an i totally understand. But i could feel the strength she had when i told her that She Won! when she got away from it. I could tell that she knew what i meant. The smile on her face made my day and I'm thankful that the powers that be made me go up there without hesitation. I needed all of that to get me through a rough friday.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
The woman's dog got skunked last night :shaking: To make it worse, we have a dog door, so he came back inside and now the whole house smells like death :shaking: :shaking:

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
trailer tires don't gotta be pretty, they just gotta hold air and last until the spare goes on :laughing:

I wish I had a picture of the tires from last year. One had a sliver of tread hanging off. Sounded like a flip flop slapping the road when pulling it. :laughing:

15,447 Posts
I just got done backing a 1 place snowmobile trailer up my somewhat steep half iced over driveway with my Crewcab longbed with a topper that has 3 layers of tinting on the back windows rendering that view worthless.:laughing: Its dark now or I'd take a picture. I've been doing it a lot this winter.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Did something I never had to do before...

Torch out ball joints. I've done hundreds, and dozens on a 99-04 SD. I dont know how you Yankees deal with this shit.

15,447 Posts
And I may as well add that I got the trailer used 15 years ago and the tires were cracked then and I'm still running them with a tube in one and fix a flat in the other. Pulled it 130 miles roundtrip today, but I do have a mismatched ancient spare just in case.:homer::laughing:

·
Registered
29,929 Posts

isn't that every farm trailer?
last year a friend called me to bring a jack because the front wheel had fallen off the grain truck and he was spilling beans all over the road.

king pins were so worn they just broke.

Did something I never had to do before...

Torch out ball joints. I've done hundreds, and dozens on a 99-04 SD. I dont know how you Yankees deal with this shit.
you develop a hatred and then only buy cars from the south.
fix them before they rust
and then drive them into the ground.

speaking of.

I should probably buy a cargo mat.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts

Best way is with a narrow front tractor. Specially when your trying to jam whatever empty space is left in the machine shed, dull of loaded small squares before it starts to rain. Stevie Wonder can see better than you

·
Registered
943 Posts
The woman's dog got skunked last night :shaking: To make it worse, we have a dog door, so he came back inside and now the whole house smells like death :shaking: :shaking:
Oh man, I've been there. I let the dog back in, only to realize seconds later that he had been nailed by a skunk. Rushed him straight to the garage to be de-funked, but the 10 seconds or so he spent in the house stunk the place up for a week.

5901 - 5920 of 6681 Posts