Pirate 4x4 banner

1141 - 1160 of 6681 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
I know you make connectors match and green is usually ground. Black is hot, red is negative. What else do I need to know? :flipoff2: maybe I will bring Dave so you two can finally meet. He can bring his little mini bike and nothing can get done :laughing:
Haha- thats a plan. I need help wrapping this thing up! Max said hes down Wed. day, but Im off wed-sat... Do it!

That's how I roll:flipoff2: I'm going to ride from Napa to Glen Ellen on this little fucker tomorrow
Holy jesus. :laughing::smokin:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I had my probationary period performance evaluation today. I got a fair evaluation, I'm off probation and am now a permanent employee and I got a raise.

Six months ago I was working for a company and had 24 years on the job. For the last 10 years I have hated the job. It paid good enough that it was hard to find another job in the same pay range without having a degree. I felt a little trapped at the time.

After reading over and over on this site people telling you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and improve your situation, I decided that if I did not take action nothing would change. I ended up scouring the job market and making every contact I could in the industry. I eventually got an interview with the company I'm currently employed at but didn't get the job. Couple months later they advertise the same job because the person they hired the first time didn't work out for whatever reason. I interviewed again and got the job.

My new job is awesome my boss is very cool his boss is very cool. It made a huge difference in my outlook on life. I was pretty depressed a couple of years ago but now things have turned around completely. The last little thing that has been on my mind bothering me is being on probation at work. Now that that's over things are really nice.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I had my probationary period performance evaluation today. I got a fair evaluation, I'm off probation and am now a permanent employee and I got a raise.

Six months ago I was working for a company and had 24 years on the job. For the last 10 years I have hated the job. It paid good enough that it was hard to find another job in the same pay range without having a degree. I felt a little trapped at the time.

After reading over and over on this site people telling you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and improve your situation, I decided that if I did not take action nothing would change. I ended up scouring the job market and making every contact I could in the industry. I eventually got an interview with the company I'm currently employed at but didn't get the job. Couple months later they advertise the same job because the person they hired the first time didn't work out for whatever reason. I interviewed again and got the job.

My new job is awesome my boss is very cool his boss is very cool. It made a huge difference in my outlook on life. I was pretty depressed a couple of years ago but now things have turned around completely. The last little thing that has been on my mind bothering me is being on probation at work. Now that that's over things are really nice.
Good for you and congratulations. What type of work did you do and what do you do now?

·
Premium Member
6,816 Posts

Attaboy!! That's great news, waitta go!

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Well, took my latest build on it's shake down run today. It did great! It walked everything we put in front of it. It didn't break and my client was ecstatic. It always feels so good to take a new rig out for the first time and watch the owner feel it out. It really is a great feeling. :smokin:

https://youtu.be/ogHvmR661h0

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Prima Donna driver asshat propane driver just called me because he doesn't like the tank location I picked out for a pool heater because the hose pull will be "hard for him with two gates." Dresses up like a fake cowboy with Wranglers so tight I don't know how he can walk. Never has a spot of dirt on him and works very little. He's lucky I'm not his boss.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well, took my latest build on it's shake down run today. It did great! It walked everything we put in front of it. It didn't break and my client was ecstatic. It always feels so good to take a new rig out for the first time and watch the owner feel it out. It really is a great feeling. :smokin:

https://youtu.be/ogHvmR661h0
specs?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just got done prowling around the attic in my garage digging out shit to A) throw out or B) sell at the tag sale tomorrow, I'm betting most of it will end up as option A by Saturday evening :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I don't see triple digits like there is here.....pussy :flipoff2:

Applied for 3 jobs locally. Let's hope I get 1 of them. I know I passed the written tests. It's the interviews I don't do so great at :laughing:
What kind of work are you looking to get into? Just curious. Good luck with it.
Stop being a smart ass dick and you might get one of them :flipoff2:
Just funnin' ya :grinpimp: good luck man

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I got a suspiciously good deal on some used tires and wheels for my Tundra on craigslist. Installed them on the truck and wasn't surprised to learn that they vibrated horribly. Took to tire shop for balancing, after they were done, it had the same vibration as before. Using my old wheels and tires, I eliminated the new ones one by one until I figured out it was the two rear tires. I took them to the tire shop and asked them to break the bead and spin the tires 180 degrees on the wheel. They both had a bunch of water in them. Problem solved and I got a cheap set of aluminum wheels with good tires on them.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I got a suspiciously good deal on some used tires and wheels for my Tundra on craigslist. Installed them on the truck and wasn't surprised to learn that they vibrated horribly. Took to tire shop for balancing, after they were done, it had the same vibration as before. Using my old wheels and tires, I eliminated the new ones one by one until I figured out it was the two rear tires. I took them to the tire shop and asked them to break the bead and spin the tires 180 degrees on the wheel. They both had a bunch of water in them. Problem solved and I got a cheap set of aluminum wheels with good tires on them.
rofl

whenever I get a wheel with something in it, it always seems to have three wheel weights on it spaced equidistant from each other
"Oh, needs another weight
oh needs another weight
oh, well huh can I stack weights on top of themselves? eh good enough, send it " :laughing:

·
4X4 HACK
2,980 Posts
There is no way they zeroed out on the balancer. You should find a new shop.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
There is no way they zeroed out on the balancer. You should find a new shop.
Meh- I can't blame the guys in the shop. I drove it a little bit with water in the tires and it was weird. It usually wouldn't start to vibrate until it was above 50 mph, and even then usually only after you let off the throttle or slowed down. Once they started thumping though, they wouldn't stop until I slowed down to below 40 mph. In retrospect, I should have realized what was going on, but I can see how a spin balancer might not have indicated an issue. Not only that, but I showed up the first time on Saturday of labor day weekend about an hour before they closed. I'm sure those guys wanted to gtfo of there. They took care of me today and didn't charge any extra for breaking down the tires to get the water out.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
rofl

whenever I get a wheel with something in it, it always seems to have three wheel weights on it spaced equidistant from each other
oh needs another weight
oh, well huh can I stack weights on top of themselves? eh good enough, send it " :laughing:
Yeah, I've seen that a few times myself.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
rofl

oh needs another weight
I swear Walmart has a rule that you can't move a weight once placed. Just keep adding. It'll zero out eventually. :shaking:

1141 - 1160 of 6681 Posts