Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
i bet you the ones who cheered are democrats. he might be a good guy, but he is a shitty captn. i spent 4 years in the navy, they pay them to make the hard decisions under pressure. not act like a spoiled child and go outside the chain of command.
I got cured of that in boot camp. After doing about 1500 jumping jacks for being a whiny bitch.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
We are not at war, the ship was not on a mission, I dont feel he compromised anything, and if having one of our vessels in our home dock is a risk, well, I suppose I dont see it. But if he forsaw needless suffering and deaths of his crew, in a non combat situation, and decided to care for their well being, then I feel he did the right thing.

Again, the crew on the boat cheered for him. If they thought he was a pussy and compromised the ship, I dont think they would have unanimously cheered for him. The crews opinion is a big weight for me to make my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Im not a sailor but I dont think its proper to diss any mil branch, they all get my respect.
soken as someone who has no idea what the words "force projection" mean. ;)

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
I thought “tin can” is what they call a destroyer?
maybe, i only ever got to be in the army's navy, never the actual navy navy.

we only had boats :rasta:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Well his crew cheered him on, so he did the right thing in my book. Nobody is going to decide to go to war because one navy ship is grounded, and terrorists do their thing on land or in the air anyway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/defense/490979-sailors-cheer-navy-captain-who-was-removed-after-pleading-for-help-with?amp
We are not at war, the ship was not on a mission, I dont feel he compromised anything, and if having one of our vessels in our home dock is a risk, well, I suppose I dont see it. But if he forsaw needless suffering and deaths of his crew, in a non combat situation, and decided to care for their well being, then I feel he did the right thing.

Again, the crew on the boat cheered for him. If they thought he was a pussy and compromised the ship, I dont think they would have unanimously cheered for him. The crews opinion is a big weight for me to make my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Im not a sailor but I dont think its proper to diss any mil branch, they all get my respect.
Apparently he didn't bother to enforce social distancing among the crew...
IE: How to ensure that EVERYONE gets a contagious virus 101.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wondering?

Wondering how many?

The Russians already know EXACTLY how many, as I'd suspect the Chinese also do know. The Iranians? Doubtful.

The Russians also know that their crews are probably just as vulnerable. And... that Trump is the loosest cannon since Reagan. Maybe more.
So in other words they're where not pussies and would defend the United States.

That's a good thing in my book.

·
Registered
804 Posts
pussies? thats harsh. I am sure most would gladly give up their life in combat to save their country. But this isnt combat, and they wouldnt be saving anyone by getting sick or dying.

You guys are harsh. Or you just dont like sailors. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
We are not at war, the ship was not on a mission
So all those forward deployed aren’t on a mission?
The USS Theodore Roosevelt was on a mission. Just like the rest of the Carrier Strike Group. Just like the guys in Afghanistan, or the Persian Gulf, or any of the other hotspots around the world. Even the ones in port in the United States have a mission: Preparing to deploy—unless you consider “mission readiness” not an important mission.
CO got relieved due to OPSEC violation and the fact that he didn’t see fit to go a couple doors down from his and knock on the door of his boss & say “hey boss, I’m going to send this email out to everyone, what do you think?”

The Strike Group Commander, a RADM and the carrier CO’s boss, is embarked on (that means “aboard”) the TR and his stateroom is in the same passageway as the CO’s, just a couple doors away. You think you’d keep your job if you bypassed your boss and went to the press about something?

I know people on Guam that say they were setting stuff up for the TR’s arrival long before the email was leaked to the press, so the claim that “nothing was being done” and that’s why he had to go outside the chain of command just doesn’t wash with me.

·
Premium Member
30,238 Posts

It doesn't matter WTF you think. He knew better and he is paying the price. End of the story.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
It doesn't matter WTF you think. He knew better and he is paying the price. End of the story.
likewise, though, too.

It doesn't matter WTF YOU think either. He absolutely knew the consequences and accepted them and he IS paying the price. End of the story.

Doing what you think is the right thing is ONLY brave and courageous when there are dire circumstances for it.

I'd bet we know 15% of what this story is about.

·
Premium Member
30,238 Posts
likewise, though, too.

It doesn't matter WTF YOU think either. He absolutely knew the consequences and accepted them and he IS paying the price. End of the story.

Doing what you think is the right thing is ONLY brave and courageous when there are dire circumstances for it.

I never said it mattered what I thought, but I do know better. I've got a DD-214 that says you can kiss my ass.

Is it only brave if its dire consequences?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
likewise, though, too.

Might want to re-read this part of U.P. Jeep's post again:
I know people on Guam that say they were setting stuff up for the TR’s arrival long before the email was leaked to the press, so the claim that “nothing was being done” and that’s why he had to go outside the chain of command just doesn’t wash with me.
Aaron Z

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Might want to re-read this part of U.P. Jeep's post again:

Aaron Z
I read that. 'I know people who say'

Who?

What was the timing?

How was that communicated?

I know people who say that after the put in a 5G tower, someone in town got Covid19.

Does it mean a fucking thing? No, it doesn't. It means that some people will listen to rumors and innuendo and believe that over an entire crew who were there cheering for their commanding officer who sacrificed for them.

So, you know, there is the bag of dicks, do what you do.

61 - 80 of 159 Posts