Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a indiana resident and plan on applyinng for my LTCH permit this month. From what i have read that will allow my to carry in something like 25 other states. I would then like to obtian a utah non-res CHP to allow me to carry in the states that recognize utah and not indiana when i travel.

I understand that i will have to take a class and do some paper work to get the utah permit. Where can i find the class to take living in indiana without having to travel all the way to utah?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. Thats what i needed to know

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
FWIW, I went with Arizona due to their lack of a state specific class need. I was able to send in a copy of my VA or SC permit with paperwork and fingerprints. Got it in like three weeks. I thikn there are a few states that don't honor AZ but honor UT though. AZ was like $60.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If Utah ends up being a nin-permitted carry state, and I suspect that will go thru, I wonder if the non-res permits will become useless? If your state doesn't require a license to carry I don't see how it can reciprocate?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts

·
dry-rotter of tires
2,909 Posts
As I understand, there's just a flood of legislation around the country to tell Utah to cut this shit out.. We'll see what happens.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
As I understand, there's just a flood of legislation around the country to tell Utah to cut this shit out.. We'll see what happens.
Cut out issuing non-resident permits? :laughing:
They are one of the states that is most liberal (not leftist!) gun laws allowing non-residents to use their permits.

Or do you mean "cut this shit out" to force them to continue to issue permits to people who cannot be issued permits in their home state. :laughing:
State's rights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts