Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, I know this is the third thread on this, sorry about that... And last but not least the official "Cruiser Outfitters" Utah FJ55 Run! This weekend in the Uintas, meet outside of Kamas. Anyone thinking of coming? Roll Call!

Pot luck BBQ, raffle, and neat t-shirts!
More Details here: http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/trip_pig04.html
And here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276472

- Official Cruiser Outfitter's FJ55 Run, Camp, and BBQ ---

For Friday night camping, meet at Food Town at 7:00 PM in Kamas.
For the Saturday Run, meet 10AM at the Food Town parking lot in Kamas.

We'll take the Norway Flats trail up to.... Norway Flats which is a beautiful area at the top of some gorgious moutains in the Uintas. Norway Flats is off the beautiful Mirror Lake Highway which used to be the Bootlegger method of getting booze into Utah that goes between Evanston, Wyoming and north-eastern Utah. There are also a ton of trails up there and if it's a warmer day, plenty of swimming including some cliff jumping if we are so inclined..

Trail difficulty, beyond doable with a stock truck but there are some areas that can be "hard" if you want them to be including an optional rock garden. Up top is a beautiful set of flats and a lake where we will probably have lunch, a raffle etc....

Will be potluck style, we will cover meat/hamburger, sausage and hot dogs for lunch Sat afternoon w/ a BBQ & raffle, but bring items such as chips, soda, potato or macaroni salad/etc or anything else if so inclinded. If camping the night before, please bring your own food!

Thanks!

Here are the directions to the Food Town:

From Salt Lake City, Take I-80 east approx 30 miles east. Pass Park City Exit, take very next exit South on Route 40. Take second exit, for Park City & Kamas, Turn left off exit heading towards Kamas. Go about 10 miles (rought guess) until you come into Kamas. Food Town (only supermarket in town) will be on your left. Meet in parking lot!

From Provo/Orem: Take Provo Canyon to Heber. Left at light through Heber City. About 20 miles, take Park City/ Kamas Exit, Turn right off exit heading towards Kamas. Go about 10 miles (rought guess) until you come into Kamas. Food Town (only supermarket in town) will be on your left. Meet in parking lot!

From the North from Idaho/Logan/Ogden: Take I-84 east from Ogden, UT. Merge onto I-80 south. About 20 miles later take Wanship/Peoa exit, turn left on road going under highway. Stay on scenic road about 15 miles into downtown Kamas. At only light in town, turn right. Food Town id 150 yard down on right (only supermarket in town) Meet in parking lot!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm there Sat morning, I've RSVP'd both you and Kurt. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Grrr... Can't make it due to work. though I might make it... Not sure I want to do the ralley... I might trade the day at work....

you guys better not be serving hamburgers... You need to serve PORK at a pig run....
Anyhow, I will le tyou know.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Alright, my shite still ain't done. Not even in a driveable state right now... Sooooooo who needs a shotgun rider? I am in for camping Friday night, just gotta clear it with work--shouldn't be a problem. Borg? You gettin' your axles in or what? Dre, you full up? Kurt--you need me to drive your Taco up for ya....? :D Who else is in for this thing?

-Ferg-

·
Registered
308 Posts
shocks and mounts are supposed to be done thursday. I have to work all day thursday so i dont know when i can get those birfs in......... hmmm. might try to ride shotgun if i cant get it done..... any one want to tear down a front axle?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
See you all friday night.

And for anyone interested, I am not taking the GF so I am the lone gunman if someone wants a ride.

E-mail me @ [email protected]

Or call my cell phone @ 801-556-5492

Looking forward to seeing you all, Dan Tubbs

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just picked up a 74 FJ55 (FREEBIE) but the motor is in pieces....but i do have my 94 80....can I still join the run?? Pig by proxy through the 80??

·
Registered
734 Posts
'Course dude. You don't need a piggie to go. In fact, from what I've heard, there'll probably only be Dre's pig... You needa get Scott in on it as well--what's he doin'?. Mikey B is comin down for it from up there...

Come out dude. It's gonna be a fun trip.

-Ferg-

·
Registered
734 Posts
BTW, where is everyone comin' from and what time...? I needa hitch a ride from someone somewhere because I'm retarded and didn't get my shit together.

EDIT: and then my dumb ass doesn't even say where and when for meself.. :shaking: . I'm in Saratoga Springs, and I'm pretty sure I can pretty much leave whenever after about 5:00 pm or so. But I can meet anywhere.

-Ferg-

Oh ya, and just in case you're scared:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Ferg, your welcome to pile in the back seat of my Cruiser... You could come to my house and we will bail from there... Should be an open back seat as the rest of my junk will be in the TRAIL TRAILER :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I might be able to talk Scott into rolling down there as well.....I will see what the boss (wifee) has to say and see if we can swing it. I am eager to bang up the 80, and have big plans for the piggy....
Scotts 40 is coming along....body work is about half way done, we are getting the portal axles built in the coming weeks, he just finished mating the H55F and tcase to the rebuilt 2F...still a ton of work to do, but hoping to be done by spring....his will be one bad ass 40.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I can carry a passenger in my rig if anyone wants to ride. I am in north Salt Lake.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Kurt, Who's rollin' up with you? Better not be that beyatch Ollie... :flipoff2: Mikey B wanted some company for the ride, but that was before I told him where Kamas was. Be way faster for him to take the Ogden route. Dunno. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Also, Borg has an open seat if he can get his crap together in time and he's right on down this way.

Slowerthanu said:
I can carry a passenger in my rig if anyone wants to ride. I am in north Salt Lake.
Dan, I may take you up on the ride dude--I'll let you know tomorrow. When you plannin' on leavin'? I can meet you up in SLC somewheres or whatever.

-Ferg-

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
theferg said:
...Also, Borg has an open seat if he can get his crap together in time and he's right on down this way....
Yeah, I chatted with him today... He was hoping one of us (Olly, Sully, or I) could throw it back together for him... Unfortunatley we are all swamped with work and getting our rigs ready for Friday night (plus, I still have 2 cut&turns to do!)

:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts