Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking a little advice from Land Use Gurus. It would help if you know the specific trail/situation. For years I have dreamed of re-opening the Hole-N-The-Rock trail down to Lake Powell(or close)(East Side). The trail down is obvious, or well marked and is undeniable rs2477. The trail currently ends above on a Mesa, and up until 4 years ago had Road Closed signs, which have dissapeared(not by me). To re-open the road down would require cutting one Cedar down and some cactus as well as some rock stacking. Despite this it will likely remain an EXTREME extension, kind of like a Box with exposure. I re-opened the Rincon Trail to the lake many years ago, though it required almost no trail repair. I do plan to contact someone with San Juan County next week, they I lost my phone book with contact names :mad: Any advice? Just do it? Seek county approval? Attempt to consult Glen Canyon National Recreation Area? Chance of being seen doing this work are unlikely.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do plan to do this after some consultation. I am just going to do it like usual. We are still heading in Friday April 18th early, meeting at start of the trail Thursday night. Anyone is welcome to join us.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Are you gonna' start trail restoration or start to consult the managing agencies in charge? Sounds like a great project keep me posted.

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
Just remember, unless you have the permission of whatever fed agency manages the land, BLM or whatever, DON'T DO IT!!!!! The last thing we need for our image is renegade wheelers doing trail maintenance on their own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts