Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
I have somewhat close to the same setup, my recommendation is to keep it angled up (which the dovetail should do) because the break over angle will get pretty nasty with a flatbed, unless you have stupid long ramps or a dump bed

Also, I wouldn't worry about the camper overpowering the truck with the dovetail, I can't even feel my 5500lb camper behind my significantly older and shittier truck

Sent from my 5017B using Tapatalk

· Registered
293 Posts
Would the UTV fit in a truck with an 8ft bed?With the short bed I think I have seen people make up a new tailgate that has solid supports with the utv resting on it. I would stretch truck and put normal bed back on it or maybe see if you can swap for same type of truck but 8ft before making a ramp truck bed just to haul a utv. I mean the ramp idea inst bad but truck would lose a good bit of flexibility and become bit more of a one trick pony at that point, also the extended leverage on the frame might not be too bad but still doesnt sound like a good idea.

friskydingo your truck looks to have the rear axle pretty close to back of frame so I dont think you have near the leverage he would be looking at, again a light trailer isnt going to fold the frame or anything but its a good way to amplify tongue weight and trailer sway.
I agree with Mr. Taco​ if the utv fits in a long bed, that would look a lot better

Sent from my 5017B using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.