Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the Vorra race last weekend to help out the Richs' with corner safety/recovery. I must say that I had a great time doing this, had the best seats in the house, and the price was right. I went down to the track not knowing what to expect, not to worry Big Rich handed me a radio, vest and flag, said find a corner and enjoy. If you ever want a good weekend or just a day of racing and want the good seat then give Rich a call or show up at the next Vorra race and tell them you want to work a corner.... its that easy.
I plan to be at the next race on Sept.24/25 see you out there.... :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yes, it can be a lot of fun but it's a serious job and you have to be on your toes and paying attention.
First time I helped out me and one of the other guys were noting that one of the cars was smoking a little, two seconds later we were saying holy shit that cars whole fawkin engine is on fire and he's headed straight for us!!! :eek:
Luckily we had the fire extinguishers handy and got the thing put out before the driver was injured... I don't think the driver knew exactly how bad the fire was, if he did then he's one of the coolest customers I've ever met cause he barely looked concerned.
My point is that anything can happen in a heartbeat and the drivers rely on you for safety, so if your gonna be down on the track take the job seriously.
Ken, hope to see you on the 25th!

P.S. If you've never been to a Vorra race you don't know what your missing! Bring a cooler and some shade and check it out!

·
Registered
26,624 Posts
Whitewater said:
Yes, it can be a lot of fun but it's a serious job and you have to be on your toes and paying attention.
First time I helped out me and one of the other guys were noting that one of the cars was smoking a little, two seconds later we were saying holy shit that cars whole fawkin engine is on fire and he's headed straight for us!!! :eek:
Luckily we had the fire extinguishers handy and got the thing put out before the driver was injured... I don't think the driver knew exactly how bad the fire was, if he did then he's one of the coolest customers I've ever met cause he barely looked concerned.
My point is that anything can happen in a heartbeat and the drivers rely on you for safety, so if your gonna be down on the track take the job seriously.
Ken, hope to see you on the 25th!

P.S. If you've never been to a Vorra race you don't know what your missing! Bring a cooler and some shade and check it out!
That guy never made it to another race last season............. :(

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
what happened to him? You got any pics of that fireball?

·
Registered
26,624 Posts
Whitewater said:
what happened to him? You got any pics of that fireball?
Don't know what happened, I don't think anyone heard from the guy after that race, I could be wrong but he didn't race anymore last season.

Here's the pic:

This was taken by ChevyGal. I was up in the announcer's booth, which is right before this spot on the track and we got heat blasted up there by the fire. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts