Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
us you know 4,.3 is one of the best upgrades that you can use for a toy swap: is a good engine, with good hp/torque, weight and dimensions.

Any way i think time to time 4.3 goes out of power and end torque when you go big tires, axles upgrades or drivetrain swap`s.

I`m trying to found out what type off upgrade can you make to this gm engine thinking on cheap tricks.

(i no with a stroker or Vortech you can go up near 50% of hp , that`s no the idea)

1.- i put headers and a poweraid spacer in the TBI for US$230

2.-.....

PD. keeping the v6 for dose who want to jump with the v8 crap

:mad:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I personally don't have an opinion simply for the fact that I have not run a throttle body spacer or an exhaust, but from what I know, run some Sanderson Headers, have someone tinker with the computer for the larger tires etc. and then get an intake. Intake doesn't do a whole lot but for the extra 5 horsepower, I would say the cost is worthwhile. Go headers and maybe a throttle body spacer, if you are not happy with that there are always more upgrades such as beefier cam, head work, etc.

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
your power aid spacer will just move move your currently availabe horspower to a higher rpm. killing low end torque.

i had one and they are not ideal for wheeling. better suited to street racing.

my 4.3 has.

aftermarket cam
intake
chip
headers
msd
nos

it kicks ass.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I guess that would help him some. Are there *ANY* factory chevy heads for the 4.3 that don't flow like complete $hit?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The marine 4.3's don't flow too bad

I have a set - flowed 201cfm @ .450 lift - stock

now there all ported - sell em to ya if you want em

1996 newer vortec heads ~230cfm but have to use the right intake mani for it or mod the heads and the old intake to make it work

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Put it in and go, and even with the new 38.5's, my pig has plenty of booty to go around...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do run a 4.3 Vortec TBI and kick all the none vortec with similars setup,

BUT i need another info ;

If you go with aftermarket cam i have to change some electronic divise in the brain, i have aftermarket wiring and brain

With NOS you go TBI or tuned Ported? Where can i bring it?
How much?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts