Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Toying:D with the idea of throwing a 8" under the back of my Jeep and I thought I would ask the experts if it would be reliable with my setup. I have a fuel injected straight six...so I'm not making THAT much power. Maybe like 150hp and 200ft lbs? I have a T-18 and a 2.62 transfercase with 4.88 R+P. I have 38.5x14.5SX and I might go 39.5 TSL.So will a V-6 third with 4.88's and a Detroit keep me happy?

Oh ya, I have a Dana 60 now but damn that thing is an anchor with 38.5"s:(

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
39`s are pretty big for a toy. might want to rethink that 1. why not shave the 60 and get almost as much clearence as a toy?

i love it when they put toy stuff in their heeps:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HMMM....so I can shave my 60 which would probably be fine, or I could sell my 60 and get a Toy 8". Sounds like the V-6 4.88s shouldn't explode on me? Cus I KNOW the 60 won't:D I would kick my own ass if I swapped in a weaker axle:confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
desertCJ said:
HMMM....so I can shave my 60 which would probably be fine, or I could sell my 60 and get a Toy 8". Sounds like the V-6 4.88s shouldn't explode on me? Cus I KNOW the 60 won't:D I would kick my own ass if I swapped in a weaker axle:confused:
Well the Toyota axle is definately weaker than a 60, but by no means is it a "weak" axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts