Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions on this s10 its blowing a greyish blueish smoke out the oil haset been going down nor the antifreeze ive took all the plugs out and them all seem like there normal not all covered in oil so any idea what my problem is??? THANKSS

Sheldon..

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
yah sounds like your piston rings or your valve seals are going bad.. sounds like your burning oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the only weird thing is my oil is not going down at all i dont think ive heard it possibly could be a carb thing or a vacum issue to just trying to throw a few ideas out there it also haset felt like its lost any power at all.

Sheldon...

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Auto tranny?
I have heard of vacuum modulators loosing the diaphram and sucking atf up into the intake, thusly causing your problem.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
a th350 or th400 has a modulator that can lose a diaphram. when this happens, generally it requires a load of vacuum to pull oil up, and it will puddle in the intake, or sit in the line until you pin it, and then get sucked into the intake runner, and then to a cylinder.

had it happen to me on an old car i had... kinda freaky when the billow of white smoke comes out from behind you and youre under full throttle load...

but its white smoke.

if you have blue smoke on startup, you might just have worn valve guides. if its persistent, its generally bad ring seal, or it could even be a cracked piston.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i took her out for a cruise today and noticed its not burning any oil at all when its cold only when it gets warmer so what im thinking is the rings are worn and as the truck gets warmer the oils getting thinner therefore easyer to leak threw the rings im just gunna try some thicker oils any suggestions im useing 10w30 rite now i was thinking maybe 20w50 what to you think tho? or something this is only gunna be a tempt fix i have the money for the rebuild kit but im also gunna just save abit more and get a bigger cam and lifter kit for it and chrome out the hole motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts