Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fabbed up my mounts and I need to know where to locate the engine in the engine compartment...does this pic look like about the right place....looks kinda low to me....what do yawl think?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks fine to me.
what do your driveline angles look like,and are you soa?
usually soa you want it lower in there for the driveline angles.
but that is looking pretty sweet , looks like you took the time to really clean and paint inder the hood.good job

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliments, but the owner of that engine compartment is a guy named Don Kinzer...I don't have the patience to clean-up things that good...I'm more concerned with functionality than looks...that said, yes he did a nice job on his restore...anyone else think that is the right height?

·
Banned
471 Posts
regarding the V-8 conversion

I am a Cruiser technician for a living and do these conversions on
a regular basis. questions are as previously asked, is it SOA,
what are the drivline angles, drivetrain specs (trans, T-case, etc.)
the pic that I saw looked ok, maybe a little low, depending on clearance from the fan to the radiator, maybe a little far back, not much though. Only enough to clear distributor for engine flex and
other variations. Other than that not to bad. please e-mail me if you have any other questions because I've had to repair to many "I can do it myself" conversions because of miscalculations and insuficient knowledge of the job at hand.

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Its hard to say if it to low I think cause we cant see the clearence between it and the axle. I have always mounted mine as low as possable for a lower center of gravity. As far as the firewall clearence you want good air flow around the back of the block and down the fire wall most people that have overheating problems have the enging pushed right up aginst the firewall. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
cruiseroutfit said:

Not in springville.... Salt Lake...:D
Kurt .. I was just fishing for info.. I thought you had the SLC cruiser market all wrapped up :flipoff2:

Is this the fellow that works for DJ and commutes from Utah County?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Answer to your questions kruzrtek...
1. SOA....YES
2. Rear pinion is pointed up toward the t-case, front is stock pinion angle...
3. Drivetrain...SBC...700R4...3spd case...

I thought it was a little low and too close to the firewall as well...

kruzrtek...do you have any measurements or pics that I could go from?

These are the mounts that I will be using...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
bennett said:
Kurt .. I was just fishing for info.. I thought you had the SLC cruiser market all wrapped up :flipoff2:
I do, I'm just pushing towards you...:D

bennett said:
Is this the fellow that works for DJ and commutes from Utah County?
Yup, Richard... really cool guy.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts