Pirate 4x4 banner

V8 With Toy Tranny And Case

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  84runner 
Ok. WHY ARE YOU YELLING?!?!?

And you know what else; someone is asking THIS SAME EXACT QUESTION ON THE FRONT PAGE! You could just look there and find the answer to your question. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advance Adapters should carry it. From what I've seen most adapters run in the 300-400$ range but thats just a guess. It will probably be better to run a 4 spd or something that was intended to go with that engine, for many reason. So I suggest you: A) TURN CAPS LOCK OFF, ITS NOT COOL OR FUNNY AND MAKES YOU LOOK STUPID B)Search, because this question has been asked a 1000 times and IT WAS EVEN ON THE FRONT PAGE YESTERDAY!! and C)Remove head, from anus. :rolleyes:

tattoo1825 said:
OK DO YOU HAVE A LIFE OR DOES YOUR LIFE CONSIST OF REPLYING TO OTHER PEOPLES POSTS WITH USELESS INFO. IF YOU DONT WANT TO HELP THEN WHY REPLY. AND IM NOT YELLING MY KEYBOARD HAS A STUCK CAPSLOCK. I THINK YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO TELLING EVERYBODY ON THE FOR SALE SECTION THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BUY EVERYTHING THEY HAVE FOR SALE AND THEN NOT BUY IT!!! YOU HAVE SAID YOU WERE GOING TO BUY ABOUT 8 THINGS I HAVE FOR SALE AND THEN NEVER REPLY AGAIN SO FAWK OFF!!!! AND GET A LIFE
Thats because I communicate more via PM's ;) I ask questions about lots of things before I buy them. Why buy something if you dont know anything about it? Remove your head.

For the question at hand: People wonder about a toy tranny holding up behind a 4.3 V6, so it going behind a V8... I'd be pretty weary, and I think you'll have problems. An R151 or 150 might hold up for a while if you're soft. I think the money spent in replacing trannies would be spent better with getting a stronger manual made for the job. Call Advance Adapters or look on their website to see if you can get an adapter to go from a GOOD gearbox to the toy cases. Those will most likely be fine. They will be better if you upgrade the spline count in them.

flimmy said:
What would be the weak link in the tranny ? shaft , bearings , gears ?
2nd gear synchro. At least thats the thing that fails in high mile trannies. (like mine) :flipoff2:

DRM: Is that (*I think*) SuperRunner? W/ like 300 HP? The only thing is: His engine probably doesnt have as much torque down low as a 350 V8 would, which is ultimately what breaks stuff. But, yeah, you make a valid point. But I still stick to what I said: He'd be better off spending money on an adapter to go from a good strong beefy tranny to a toy case rather than a 350-->Stock toy tranny, since he will probably get tired of it sometime.

tattoo1825 said:
so do you guys like my new keyboard? do you think it would be better to run something like a sm465 with toy crawler box? i was thinking of going with a t350 and a 203/205 doubler but i dont think it would get me low enough. im running 4.56 gears in my axles. do you think the 465 and toy crawler would hold up? thanx again
People have had pretty good luck with Toy boxes holding up to just about anything. 23 spline in the T-case and you'll be ready to rock for a long while. 21 spline will probably do fine for quite a while too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.