Pirate 4x4 banner

V8 With Toy Tranny And Case

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  84runner 
DRM said:
You know, I keep hearing people say not to do it - but I have yet to really get any evidence of someone destroying a stock 5 speed with a 4.3L or 350 motor.
One bud of mine has broken 3 toy 5 spd trannys with a 22r. 2 of them broke where they only had 4th gear and the third didnt have reverse. Granted all of the breaks were because of hard driving but Id hate to think how easily one would have broken with a v8 or healthy v6 in front of it. ANother bud has had moderately good luck with a toy 5spd behind a stock 302 ford in his 85 runner. I think he has wrung off one tcase input shaft and broken 2 or three transmissions with one of them having reverse ripped out of it. I personally wouldnt put a v8 in front of a toy 5spd but it might work if you have a really light right foot, but then again who wants to have to worry about how much pedal they are using.... I mean you have all of it there its nice to be able to use it if you have to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.