Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem:

I have a new VDO prog. Speedo in the D110, and the speed sensor (electronic) from my '97 D90's LT230, and a plug that fits the speed sensor from something else.

The plug has three wires:
black/grey
blue/red
blue/orange

How do I wire the bitch?
Is is a Hall Effect sensor or simple inductive sensor?

Anyone know what the three wires on the plug correspond to?

Thanks for the help

Billster

btw just got some new guages in as well: Hour meter, outside temp, clock, and fuel guage. This is in addition to the existing: Speedo, boost guage, egt, tach, oil pressure, coolant temp, and voltmeter. A veritable guage nerd!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Billster,

I haven't hooked up my speedo yet, but I'm making an adapter cable from the LT-230 to the VDO Hall Effect sensor.

Apparently you don't need the adapter cable, someone on the D90 list did it last week I think.

But....I'm making the adapter cable anyway, because I need one for the S1 also.

Here's a shot of my dash. Where are you putting your external temp sensor? I mistakenly placed it behind the right bulkhead outrigger and it measures the temp of the air billowing out from the engine, NOT the ambient temp. I need to relocate it.

Here's a shot of my dash if anyone cares. :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't installed the exterior temp sender yet. Still thinking about a good spot for it. Not really sure what is the best place though.

I haven't shot any new picts of the dash and such, but picture the regular D90 dash with the boost guage, tach, egt, and speedo. Then the '97 Softtop center dash enclosure housing 3 other guages (oil pressure, and warning light (LED), Coolant temp, and Voltmeter). Then I will be installing the 4 other guages on the lower portion of the dash in the middle in front of the gear shifter. 3 in the plate that held the hazard button, and the cig. lighter, and one right next to it. Should work out okay, and alot of the wiring is redundant and pretty easy to do.

Later,

Billster

·
Registered
740 Posts
I put my temp sensor underneath the cone of my snorkel so it is in the shade and gets the air being sucked into the engine. Without this, I'd imagine the best place would be someplace with shade and where it can get ambient air flow. The only problem with the front of the radiator is that it gets real hot when sitting and the rangies have a computer to tell it not to change readings while the truck is sitting and cooking.

-John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts