Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best and cheapest way to transport a vehicle accross the country? I found a truck I want, but it is clear cross country. What can I do?

Dimitri

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
How large is the truck? You could contact a used car dealer to see how they bring in the cars they purchase at auction, there are also several companies that do interstate transport. You could also purchase a one-way plane ticket and drive it back.

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about the drive it back, but fawk that. I want the truck transported to Sac. From there I can handle it. Does forward air do that kind of stuff?

Dimitri

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
get ahold of camo. he had mentioned in another thread in the "vehichles for sale" section that he knows a guy that does this for reasonable rates.

<<<<<<<Alex>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
I've been looking at the sme thing. I'd like to get my '70 Scout shipped out here to AZ from NH.

Seems that one of the ways they determine the rates is if the vehicle is in running condition or not. And I kinda left my '70 a little tore up when I moved out here.

There are a number of links to car-shipping companies off the autotrader website though.

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT. Come on guys. I need to know the ebst way to get it here. So far the cheapest I found was about $1000 Not sure if it is worth doing this route.

Dimitri

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
So where's the truck located?

Maybe you can find someone across the country who wants to take a trip and wheel where you are - and maybe you can work out a deal :)

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Expensive though... quoted me 1400 bucks to get my Scout 800 from NH to AZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts