Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many post and threads all over this board asking questions like..
Is there a vendor here that sells x, y or z parts or product..

Here is one just from today..
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5189482#post5189482

Maybe we could put together a vendor list and the products they sell to make it easier to find stuff and also to give some of the vendors that don't post as much some exposure.. I don't know exactly what is the best way to go about this idea but I'm sure with others input we could come up with something :D

Good idea, bad idea or piss on it ?

Discuss :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
http://www.pirate4x4.com/adindex.php

Search will be back working shortly anyways....

How do you intend to create the list if you can't search anyways? I assume since you came up with the wonderful idea, you are also voluntering the labor to create it....

<chat>

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
woody said:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

select "search this forum" from the right side, towards the top...

no rocket science to it....
Search was not working when I asked. Also spent some time looking in the Misc and Susp vendor sections and didn't find the thread. I didn't know it was on the 3rd page in axles.

Guess I'm still an idiot though:shaking:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
woody said:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/adindex.php

Search will be back working shortly anyways....

How do you intend to create the list if you can't search anyways? I assume since you came up with the wonderful idea, you are also voluntering the labor to create it....

<chat>
The ad index has been mentioned before and it's obvious that it only shows a small percentage of the vendors on this board..

As far as how to go about creating the list I believe I covered that when I said this..
mudslinger99 said:
don't know exactly what is the best way to go about this idea but I'm sure with others input we could come up with something :D
I appreciate your suggestions but they are not the answer to help people like in the post I linked or many others like them.. At this point I'm thinking one way to get this list created is to have the vendors in question post here and add a little info about what products they sell.. From there I can organize the list and if it works that way and Lance approves we can just sticky the one post with the list so you don't have to weed thru the replies like this one where it was being discussed..

But that's just one idea and I'm sure there might be some better ones that's the reason for this post :D I think it would not only benificial for the people looking for what vendors here have that they are looking for but it would be benificial for the vendors as well..

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
............../´¯/)
............,/¯../
.........../..../
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
....\.................'...../
......''...\.......... _.·´
.......\..............(
.........\.............\

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
piratebuggy said:
............../´¯/)
............,/¯../
.........../..../
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
....\.................'...../
......''...\.......... _.·´
.......\..............(
.........\.............\
I bet it took you a while to come up with that :shaking:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
geberhard said:
Sounds like a colol idea, would be helpful. The vendor section is not really well categoried, but someone would have to help maintain the list :D
The idea does sound good and it makes sense but getting some cooperation seems to be the difficult part :laughing:

I made a suggestion on how it might be possible to get it on here but I was hoping there might be some more input.. There are some vendors that post here often and even have what they are selling in their sig but there are a lot more that are mostly unknown that have stuff people are looking for..

Chopperman could't find something as simple as a brake line vendor but if this list was created he could have found it easy :D He searched where he thought he might find what he needed but turned out it was swept under the rug in an odd location.. Lucky for him and the vendor, the vendor seen his post and made a sale, other wise Summit would have made a few bucks because they are always easy to find and people know what they have :D

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I`m working on a site that does exactly this.

I just need the databases or an export in csv file, and I`ll combine the products and make their descrioptions searchable.

It will show the product, picture (if the vendor allows hotlinking form their site), description, price, and url to buy it at said vendor.

Most vendors here use OSCommerce which allows an export easily, and i`m working on an addon for oscommerce to extract the data exactly how I want/need it to make the site best functionaly, and speedy.

If vendors want to get in on this PM me, I haven't PMed anyone about it yet because it's in the works.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Todd W said:
I`m working on a site that does exactly this.

I just need the databases or an export in csv file, and I`ll combine the products and make their descrioptions searchable.

It will show the product, picture (if the vendor allows hotlinking form their site), description, price, and url to buy it at said vendor.

Most vendors here use OSCommerce which allows an export easily, and i`m working on an addon for oscommerce to extract the data exactly how I want/need it to make the site best functionaly, and speedy.

If vendors want to get in on this PM me, I haven't PMed anyone about it yet because it's in the works.
Oh yeah steal my idea and throw around them fancy computer words :flipoff2:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help even though you sound like you got it figured out :D

I have one question though.. Is what you have in mind going to be on here or is it going to be a seperate site that's not connected to the PBB :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
mudslinger99 said:
Oh yeah steal my idea and throw around them fancy computer words :flipoff2:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help even though you sound like you got it figured out :D

I have one question though.. Is what you have in mind going to be on here or is it going to be a seperate site that's not connected to the PBB :confused:
It will be a vendor only site, I don't want to limit it to ONLY pbb vendors but my idea is to have themin a category so ppl CAN shop from "PBB" vendors only. More of a HUGE 4x4 products search, even allow small companies to add products with a # manually so they don't even need a store. I`ll have a tiny scale demo-up soon.

I`m thinking about doing even "Cool Products under $10" etc... kind of thing, this should really help vendor sales too.. I know I shop for 'bargain items'.

Vendors interested PM me!

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
mudslinger99 said:
I bet it took you a while to come up with that :shaking:
That was a tribute to mudslinger-lol--just kidding-I like the idea about the vendor site-but it would need to be vendors from Pirate only to be sanctioned by Pirate I would think. Someone else would need to get that info-I'm not an official Pirate spokesman.:D

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I know that it is vehicle-specific, but Jeeps Only has a similar site that works well. We get a bunch of traffic from that site.

Todd, I would definitely be interested. We are having a new site built currently in OS Commerce so it should be adaptable to what you need. Let us know when it is done.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Todd W said:
I don't want to limit it to ONLY pbb vendors
I think the site and the way you're talking about setting it up is a cool idea but it's not the same idea I had in mind.. I would like to see the vendor list on here created from ONLY PBB vendors and it be a permanent fixture here on the board.. That way the people on here that are looking for something will be able to look thru the list and find a vendor that has what they need and the vendors that pay to be here will have more exposure..

If this list does make it out of idea form and on to print, my guess is it could be a sticky at the top of the vendor section for all to see :D

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
waiting on a star, but I sell Inner tubes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts