Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new GPS unit. i want something that i can use everyday for driving around town that will talk to me , and i want it to be able to also track and find off-road trails, and i also need it to be a pretty visible size and pretty user friendly. does anyone have any suggestions on a unit that will fill my needs. thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check out the Magellan crossover. It is a good unit that is able to use on and off road. It had topographical maps and you are able to mark the trail you have traveled. The only drawback is it has the smaller 3 or 4 inch screen, whereas other GPS units have bigger ones now a days. The only thing is I think it is or is going to be discontinued very soon, so you would need to get one in a hurry. There are other units like this one made by other companies also, they just cost more.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Lowrance iWay 600C. 5 inch screen, topos of entire US, very versatile, waterproof, dustproof, etc. Not portable (no battery).

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I just got a Lowrance XOG (similar to the Magellan Crossover). Not sure how it all works yet, but it does on-road and off-road mapping and it comes pre-loaded with all of the on-road maps and POI's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts