Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kelly(BlackSheep10) owner of Vertical Limits in Paola, Ks. is building my 97 TJ. This build started easily 2yrs. ago. It started as 97 TJ with a 4.0, auto., a/c, 2in. Pucks, dana 35 rear Jeep. I unbolted the fenders, comp-cut the rear and welded up the shitty 35, then put on some 36in. bias Iroks, and waited for the 35 to let loose. It actually lasted over a year of hard wheelin. Here is the TJ then

so during this time I bought goodies for the swap

and after it broke I parked it and started disassembling it with the help of Doug and Heath from D&D Performance.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Gotta love that short arm suspension with a rear locker! :D

Can't wait to see this build. Looks like it'll be awesome.

·
Registered
19,460 Posts
I remember chatting with you at the Kansas Krawl in 07. I think it is time to get it done! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
here is the work we did. I have never built a rig and Doug is a Machinist, so other than enjoying wheelin that is the extent of our fab skills. Doug did a great job with what I gave him to work with. This was my original idea: 42s, coils, 112in wheelbase, 231 to Dana 300, Astro steering box.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
here is my parts list: Currie 2.5in. Johnny Joints, 2 1/8 od x 1 1/2 id DOM, for control arms, Corbeau Susp. seats, Atlas 2 4.3 pass drop. 1410 front and rear outputs, USA 6x6 recentered H1 wheels w/ Vertical Limits RockRings, I bought a set of cucv axles and added Yukon 35 outers and RocknRoll Offroad Drive Flanges. Parts Mike High Steer arms. Rod-end Supply Bungs and Hiems for steering. I'm leaving the A\C and 67k 4.0 and Auto for now, Maybe a upgrade to LS1 some day? I have a PSC double ended ram with POS reservoir, Howell TC pump. Fox 2.0 14 front and 16 rear, FOA 2.5 bumps, GenRight front cage mount. Warn xdi8000 w\ X-Line, and a bunch of 1 3\4 dom for the cage and backhalf and sliders. Oh and now I'm running 44s

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like how you used the stock upper coil mount. I used the factory frame mounts and coil buckets off a junk 35 I picked up because the mounts give you hardly any lift.

V

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yes, that was Dougs work, He did a great job and it looked clean. The bad was I decided to go Airshox on all 4 corners and the frame was to wide.. So, off with the backhalf. My idea of the build then was from a TJ here in KC I really liked heres their link http://www.piratemotorsports.net . CLICK ON COLLIN. I had heard it worked well but it was too tall so..... back to the drawing board. that is where [email protected] Vertical Limits come in.. (BLACKSHEEP10)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
hmmmm, isn't Kelly a dealer for ORI's. And he's not going to run 'em on his own stuff?

1 - 20 of 295 Posts