Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey yall, im looking for a little bit of help. Right now i have a 2001 Toyota Celica. The car is starting to get a little to small for my lifestyle and im planning a big move soon so im gonna need a bigger car for where i will be living.( im moving to Winter Park,FL.) I was just wondering if anyone has advice on a good truck to get. I would be putting a lift on it and upgrading it as the time passes. The only thing is i would like the truck to be 2000+, 4 drs and of course 4 wheel drive. Thanks for all your help.
-Will
Sorry i forgot to add that i would really like to keep the price tag below 24,000 and as low as possible so i can spend the rest on the truck upgrades.

·
Registered
549 Posts
:laughing:

Okay, maybe I should do more than laugh. The more avid 4-wheelers the better I guess. Gotta start somewhere. Since you admit that you're totally unfamiliar with 4x4's, why not just buy a 4 door Toyota Tacoma or something that meets your requirements and will be reliable as...well, as a Toyota.

Even though it goes against everything I believe in, don't modify it too heavily since it sounds like you need reliability and multi-purpose functionality more than a hardcore wheeler. For $24K you should have plenty of options in the 2000+ era. People on PBB have built full on tube buggies for less than that.

Welcome to PBB and you might want to think about investing in Nomex, because I think that you're going to need it. :D

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I bought a Double Cab (4 door) Tacoma new in '03 for $24,600 pretty much loaded. I sold it last week for $21,500. So they hold their value extremely well. Get the 4X4 and TRD Off Road package because this really drives the resale value and enjoy the equipment for the little you actually take it off highway.
You can get into a new truck for right around $24K if you do your homework. I would definatley buy new for the $$$ you are talking about. Just consider the color and options that will be popular come time to sell it. Avoid black and dark colors (especially in the South) My DC was white and was even in an accident (sideswiped by a road rage drunk driver) and still looked very good after repairs.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Apogee said:
Welcome to PBB and you might want to think about investing in Nomex, because I think that you're going to need it. :D

You know I never thought of it that way. Funny. :grinpimp:

Dude I agree you can't go wrong with Toyota. Most of them will run until they have some thing like one billion miles on them. (not really but close) Atleast a few people I know that own them have made them look like they have that many miles on them... that is if you were judging by the sheet metal.

-Dan

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Agreed can't go wrong with a Toyota Tacoma if you wanna do some offroad trails and keep on a good on road ride

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
well, the cherokee was made in 2000 and 2001....

but maybe i am a little biased...

2002 dodge 2500 turbodisel? D60 front and 70 rear

how big are you looking?

personaly - id go with something with straight axles - like a Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee (till 2005), Dodge truck...

the yota's have kicked ass though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts