Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's 02 KJ has destroyed the mount bushings on the rear shocks. For a bit of background, it rides on a Rusty's 2" lift and we have been running their shocks (second pair since 2005). It's out family truckster, and the closest it comes to off-road is pothole strewn dirt roads. Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent riding pair of rear shocks that will bolt on to a 2" lifted KJ? Not looking to spend much more than $150 for them.

Searched LOST KJ's, and saw that Durango ones should fit the bill, just looking for more input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bilstein's (5100 series, iirc) usually get the nod for excellent shocks at a reasonable price. most places sell them... might get a good deal at Summit if they are having a sale. i've had trouble with premature bushing wear as well... lots of snow/sand/salt on the winter roads here. went from rubber bushed shocks to poly bushings on my last set. doing much better. good luck with this.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's one of the ones I was looking at. Funny thing is I have never had a problem with any other shock than the crap rusty's uses. The first set they replaced under warranty when the piston rusted. I was going to go back to them on these, but they only lasted 2 years and I didn't like the ride when they were new anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts