Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the 200 series compressor for the heep. Anyone have any feedback on these units? Also who might have the best prices on them? I know Central 4wd and Tellico 4x4 carry them, anyone else?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhh, yeah I am aware of the company website. I was hoping for some feedbacks of those that have them or used them. I don't need specs really..

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thought about that but don't want to deal with another belt in the XJ and find a place to mount it and move the battery(PITA). My dad was looking at one of these and asked me if I would like one for my birthday....

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
They kick ass for an electric compressor, it takes about 15 minutes to air up 4 37" MTR's from 2psi to HWY pressure.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have the 450 model and it works great. It's a lot faster and quieter than an ARB compressor too. I've seen pretty good deals on EBay.

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
A friend of mine has the model 500C compressor. It is very beefy. It is a little on the larger side but still fits under the hood(about the length of the average battery and a little narrower). It is triple the compressor that the ARB is for about the same price. A local tool dealer here stocks them and usually has most models on the shelf. After looking at the Viair line I wouldn't bother with a 200 series when the larger ones are only a few dollars more.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Weasel said:
uhh, yeah I am aware of the company website. I was hoping for some feedbacks of those that have them or used them. I don't need specs really..
Possibly someone else might need it. :flipoff2:

Dan

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have the 400 series and love it. well worth the money, got it from bent and twisted in chico.

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
My friend has the 500C (IIRC) and he gotr the optional carry bag, and accessory kit. Its a nice setup, he likes it.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I had the 200 HT model (hard mount, tank needed).

Worked great, even got dunked once or twice (I mount in the back, where the spare tire used to go on my Navajo).

I only got it to thermal shutdown once, and that's was on the sixth 35" tire we was trying to fill up. We waited a little bit, it cooled off, came back on, worked great.

The only complaint I had - the remote kit you can buy is cheesy, plastic air line, and had a switched rated for only 10 amps, when the compressor pulls close to 25. You can build a better remote kit visiting Radio Shack for the relay and switches, and Grainger for the gauges, hoses, pressure relief and other good stuff.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I should mention that I only have 31's and it will probably be some time before I get 33's. Also the hardmount would be nice but I don't have really any place under the hood to mount it. The only portable units are the 200 and the 400. The 400 is also 80 dollars more. I think I'll go ahead and try the 200. It should be fine for my needs. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
check lowrider magazine and ebay etc.

the lowriders use them for their airbags (i think its how viair got its start), and some of those supply places have them cheaper than 4x4 places.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts