Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevies in the rear, have a humming at anything above 80km.... 55mph. Sound is there when the rear drive shaft is pulled. I have chevies and had bad vibration but that was fixed with ta 2.5 degree shim.

This is like a waa....waa....waaa sound :confused: Kind a like a pulsing and it's in the cab and it's like I've got a sub pounding. No vibes in the steering wheel. Any ideas? It doesn't get anyworse as I speed up. And is still there when I put the cluch in. Help please.

Thanks, Joe

It's an 85 pickup, all new poly cab mounts too.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Or a u-joint that was partially worn out because of your previous vibe problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant be a u-joint unless the dshaft in my driveway was magically sending vibes to my truck on the highway.

How do I know if it's a wheel bearing? I have no leaks. Maybe I'll search..unless someone's feeling generous today.

Thanks guys, I need to start supporting this board.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
millerjouni said:
Cant be a u-joint unless the dshaft in my driveway was magically sending vibes to my truck on the highway.

Sorry. my bad. Thats what I get when I dont read the whole post.

Anyhow, in that case, I also would put my $ on a wheel bearing.

I wasted one on my Tacoma, and it didnt leak either.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Jack one wheel up and see if it has any play in it, or you can jack both up and run the car, see if its making the noise then...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, will do. I'll check next week when I have some time and update.

Joe

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Maybe obvious or maybe completely wrong, but it couldn't hurt to swap tires front to back and see if the noise moves with them. I've had some bad vibrations cause by caked on mud causing out-of-balance.

x2 on jacking the rear end up and taking a closer look.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was thinking the same thing bandit...or a bent wheel possibly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts