Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a quick video and some pics of Wes on Transmission 2. He broke the gears in his transfer case and blew his tire off the bead getting pulled off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
man how do you wheel that all day long I think I would have a head ach

·
Registered
422 Posts
d300

It took me 3 times rebuilding the D-300 gears and cases before I bought my Atlas. Time to upgrade with driving like that :smokin:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Hell, I broke stock outputs with 37's and 180hp motor....That motor sounds like it has some juice and those look to be 42's....Time to upgrade.
I hear ya! Back when I had about 180 hp and 44's it didn't take much to tear up a d300. The Atlas went in mighty quick! Good part though is that the Atlas will bolt right up. :) I'm VERY surprised that he hadn't had problems in the past as I've seen vids of him wheeling before ...

J. J.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
man how do you wheel with exhaust that loud. that would drive me nuts!

cool vid

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Wow, could this be the beginnings of another east vs. west thread concerning an Aetna buggy? I certainly hope so because we haven't had one for a whole 30 seconds!

J. J.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sounded like the motor wouldn't idle and it's geared really high.
Jay
You guys have know idea...Wes brings it with a motor that will light those cut 44s right up. The reason he probably was not bothering try to "crawl" that spot is because it is on a power line hill where crawling is not gonna bring you over the top....Trust me, if it could be crawled he probably would not even by playing on it as he typically takes the hardest line and finds the hardest stuff... :flipoff2:
For your viewing.

YouTube - Wes on Buzzards Roost

YouTube - Tenn. Boys on Horsepower hill at Grayrock

YouTube - Wes Kean on Cable Hill at Grayrock

YouTube - Wes on Double-Trouble

and last on possibly the nastiest climb on Aetna excluding the wall :Innertube

YouTube - Wes on Double-Trouble

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Atlas time. Suprised with the way he wheels that is has survived this long.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
after seeing that buzzards roost video, what's he running in the front? an lsd? sees to unlock an awfull lot? i thought i read somewhere he was spooled front?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
is it just me or does that green rig look like a RC crawler ?

I think the style, color and tubing size make it look like a toy :laughing:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts