Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of y'all prolly tear your flooring out, but, Can any of y'all recommend a good supplier of vinyl flooring for an '85 4Runner?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
you can find em on the net for $115 all day, but if you find one cheaper let me know as well

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Schucks :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I think ol JCWhintty
seems most use a bedliner spray, brush in a 1 gallon jug or pro spray etc.
seen some nice jobs done
That would be my suggestion. Why put something down that can retain water and dirt under it.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
I did the carpet thing for a while. PITA. Just throw all that shit away and chisle that sound deadening shit off. Doing so will offset 2-3 beers worth of wieght.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
I bought spray on bedliner in rattle cans from Kragen for $3.00 a piece. Haven't put it on yet, so I can't report on how it holds up.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I did the carpet thing for a while. PITA. Just throw all that shit away and chisle that sound deadening shit off. Doing so will offset 2-3 beers worth of wieght.

Depending on how fast you drink beer and the size of the cans, Your probably looking at 5hours worth of work, 25 Minutes a Beer you would at least need a 12 Pack :flipoff2:.

It took me at least a afternoon starting at 12 and ended at 7ish. And i still didn't get it all off. If anyone has a good idea to remove the tar deadening stuff Let me know, I need to Completely remove the stuff and Weld in a completely new floorboard :(. (1980 Pickup i can see the ground and the driveshafts spinning....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Cheap; lives forever and it's cheap

Hit the local Home Despot or Loads and buy 5 or 10 feet of pond liner. It's wide enough to fit from door to door, and under the seats.

It's black.
It's water \ suds proof.
it's easy to install.

Hell ya..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used a heat gun and that made it a lot easier to get the tar out. I too and leaving the carpet in for now want to Herca-line it some time

·
Registered
208 Posts
the bedliner is a bitch to get dirt out of:p
This is true, I had the tub of my CJ line-x'ed and I used to mud with just a bikini top and naturally would always coat the inside of the tub.

Ever since the first time it got muddy, it was never "black" again even after many tries of cleaning it. I'm going to go the vinyl route on my truck also. At least it won't have blue carpet spray painted black in it anymore. :laughing:

·
Registered
116 Posts
If anyone has a good idea to remove the tar deadening stuff Let me know
Dry ice & a BFH. It dosen't even leave anything to clean up because it evaporates.

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts