Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great turn-out!!!!! It was nice seeing sooo many people there that have made a huge difference in keeping our trail open. Congrats again to all that received awards(recognition) for their efforts. You all really deserve them!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

·
Registered
988 Posts
sorry we could not make it.
we had a blown up ring and pinion that prevented us from making it on time. :(
had planned on being there to help out.

derek

·
Registered
385 Posts
As derek said, we were on track to get there, until some bonehead (that would be me) decided to blow up his ring+pinion near Little Sluice, making the rest of the day an extraction mission. :(

Glad to hear the turnout was good and everything went well! Sounds like it was a great event!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Ya, The turn-out was much bigger than I had expected.......AWESOME!!

BIG thanks to everyone that showed up, now its time to concentrate on the October 3rd workshop *the most important meeting to attend* IMO

All in all it was a very positive weekend with the exception of the fire at loon, the worst part was when asked if we could help with the fire we were told no in a very sarcastic manner. :mad:

I had a good time and the weather was perfect, I got some good pictures too!

Jack S. taking on the gatekeeper in his sweet TJ :smokin:

LEO in the cherokee (yes it actually wheels)

And the quads

LEO were everywhere!
Both Sheriffs and Forest Rangers.

The food line was looong too, awesome turn out

Overlooking the staging area, notice the sweet looking kiosk being staffed by the Boonie Bouncers :beer:

And a cool pic of the bird that was flying around all morning, that pilot was awesome

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I didnt hear about the fire at Loon, what was that all about?

It was a great turn out, and it was good to hear about the positive progress we are making in the constant battle to keep the trail in good shape, and accessable.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
H8monday said:
I didnt hear about the fire at Loon, what was that all about?

It was a great turn out, and it was good to hear about the positive progress we are making in the constant battle to keep the trail in good shape, and accessable.
Jeff- about 8:30am there was a small fire up near the Pleasant end of the Lake. We saw some smoke and a couple of truck crews drive up to the boat launch area by the spill way. Smoke was gone by the time we headed out on the VIP run;)

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
Bear- great pics as always! It was a great turn out;) It was very touching when Rich Mainwaring presented Bill Brown's family with the plaque honoring Bill for his commitment to the trail. Was I the only one that had to wipe away a tear during the presentation? I didn't think so;)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It just kind of instills the good things happen to good people saying doesnt it.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Sorry I missed it!! I so wanted to be there in support but things were not working for me to be there.
Jerry

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
I was blown away by the turnout. 60 folks had signed up. I rounded up lunches for about 80 (just in case). We fed over a hundred. WOW>

If you get by Ice House Resort, thank Julie for the great lunches. Richie Mainwaring paid for them, and Julie made em!

I can't thank all of you enough for showing up when you can. That's what it's about. We all got a lot going on, and showing up for these kinds of things really makes an impression. The Rubicon Rocks! So do you....

Del :)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
rockwrangler said:
Sorry I missed it!! I so wanted to be there in support but things were not working for me to be there.
Jerry
Hijacking this thread just for a second....

Jerry,

I know it's short notice but would you mind asking any of your buds in the South Bay if they can help our Moto-X brothers out with Clear Creek?...

#########################################
An FYI from a moto-x guy I work with. His club is really working to keep this BLM area open and it's not looking good. I may try to get to one of these meetings....

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/CC_Meetings.htm
#########################################

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
Glad there was such a large turnout.

Wish we hadn't planned our party for the same weekend :( Would like to have been a part of this trip.

Crash

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
avitar is still the same :flipoff2:
New super duty is cool after getting the turbo hose put back on over Labor day , on my new truck , that was fun :(
How's things ?

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
peesalot said:
avitar is still the same :flipoff2:
New super duty is cool after getting the turbo hose put back on over Labor day , on my new truck , that was fun :(
How's things ?

:confused: who are you talking to???

and why didn't you show at the party Sat?

:bounce: you got the truck, congrats :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts