Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

The ULTRA4 4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix is coming up on the 11/12 July, held at Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernadino CA.

We are in need of some volunteers to act as course workers and a couple of other tasks over the two days of qualifying and racing. You don't necessarily need a recovery vehicle, but it would be a happy bonus if you do, recoveries at GH are generally a case of flipping people back onto their wheels.

If you're interested please email me simon(at)ultra4racing.com for more information. It's a great opportunity to be close the the action and be 'part of it'!

Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
You should post this in the socal section. I am surprised you guys have to work as hard as you do to get people to help. If I wasn't racing I would be all over it. Course workers get the best seat in the house!! We couldn't do what we do if course workers were not there giving us a heads up when there is a problem up ahead. Thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Simon,
I just resent my E-mail to you about volunteering on Saturday, I have to work during the week. I sent the original e-mail on 6-20-14, my daughter and son can help too.
Thanks,
John "JB" Benz
Got it John, thanks. I was offline a bit the past few days and missed it first time round. I'll be sending out more info in the next day or so.

Thanks!

·
waterboy
18,781 Posts
I won't necessarly speak for simon, but its generally not an issue to have cable... but make sure you have a blanket or something heavy to throw on the cable to help drop it if it breaks.

Bump back to top. Should be a nice weather weekend for you guys out there :) go enjoy the racing!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I won't necessarly speak for simon, but its generally not an issue to have cable... but make sure you have a blanket or something heavy to throw on the cable to help drop it if it breaks.

Bump back to top. Should be a nice weather weekend for you guys out there :) go enjoy the racing!

Yeah I'm happy with what Surveyboy put above, Dave will have final say but as long as you have a blanket or weighted sheet and make everyone aware it's steel cable then I think you're good.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A big thanks to all the volunteers who showed up to help work recovery and flag throughout the weekend at Glen Helen. Your professionalism and hard work were greatly appreciated by everyone involved, as was evident by the huge round of applause you guys received at the prize giving ceremony.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.