Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

The ULTRA4 4 Wheel Parts Glen Helen Grand Prix is coming up on the 11/12 July, held at Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernadino CA.

We are in need of some volunteers to act as course workers and a couple of other tasks over the two days of qualifying and racing. You don't necessarily need a recovery vehicle, but it would be a happy bonus if you do, recoveries at GH are generally a case of flipping people back onto their wheels.

If you're interested please email me simon(at)ultra4racing.com for more information. It's a great opportunity to be close the the action and be 'part of it'!

Thanks!

·
Registered
830 Posts
..There's no better seat in the house than volunteering for the race...

..Here's a bump for the cause..:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
You should post this in the socal section. I am surprised you guys have to work as hard as you do to get people to help. If I wasn't racing I would be all over it. Course workers get the best seat in the house!! We couldn't do what we do if course workers were not there giving us a heads up when there is a problem up ahead. Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
..Three weeks to go, bump...:D

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
I was planning on going to help support some friends who are racing in the 4600 class, but if there's a way I can help both I'm game. Can bring my rig for recovery as well.

·
Registered
830 Posts
..A Monday bump..:D

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Hi Simon,
I just resent my E-mail to you about volunteering on Saturday, I have to work during the week. I sent the original e-mail on 6-20-14, my daughter and son can help too.
Thanks,
John "JB" Benz

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Simon,
I just resent my E-mail to you about volunteering on Saturday, I have to work during the week. I sent the original e-mail on 6-20-14, my daughter and son can help too.
Thanks,
John "JB" Benz
Got it John, thanks. I was offline a bit the past few days and missed it first time round. I'll be sending out more info in the next day or so.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Hi Simon,
JB here...My FJ40 has a 8274 Warn winch, it works great...I have one question about the cable, I have about 125' of steel cable, not synthetic rope, is that going to be a problem?
Thanks JB

·
waterboy
18,782 Posts
I won't necessarly speak for simon, but its generally not an issue to have cable... but make sure you have a blanket or something heavy to throw on the cable to help drop it if it breaks.

Bump back to top. Should be a nice weather weekend for you guys out there :) go enjoy the racing!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I won't necessarly speak for simon, but its generally not an issue to have cable... but make sure you have a blanket or something heavy to throw on the cable to help drop it if it breaks.

Bump back to top. Should be a nice weather weekend for you guys out there :) go enjoy the racing!

Yeah I'm happy with what Surveyboy put above, Dave will have final say but as long as you have a blanket or weighted sheet and make everyone aware it's steel cable then I think you're good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts