Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
volvo axle dimensions help

Finally got Volvo axles on the way, but need some dimensions for design work to continue.

What are the dimensions:

portal flange(where portal bolts to housing) to portal flange front and rear axles?

pinion offset from axle center? (front axle)

axle housing tube size?

Exact portal offset? (drive axle to driven axle)

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I can hook you up ...

Give me a day...

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Frt axle
45" to flange seams
6.25 pinion offset
3.25 sq tube fabbed
4.5" portal drop

Rr axle
52" to flange seams
same drop
sq tube becomes 3.75 round tube near ends- look through the various pics and you'll see what i mean

pinions are near center of axle shafts

Good luck and or PM if you need anything

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Rockbuggy supply is selling them for $1000 an axle, fornt or rear. he doesn't have them in yet though.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Volvo price?

FWIW, I paid $2100 for a set I got from Vince last fall. They were in good shape except one bad birfield boot, a broken vacuum housing, and some pinched brake lines.

·
Registered
914 Posts
the deal i had for 100 axles were stolen out from under me by a bogus shipping company i guess they thought it was ebay .
paid for then sold to another company for more cash . dirty business ethics
i have secured 20 sets after those are gone volvo's will become almost impossible to find in any kind of bulk . expect prices to skyrocket because of the peterson article . i had a quote from someone in poland and two weeks after peterson's the price doubled to me .
for all practical purposes i would seek another alternitive for portals .
also in malaysia a logging company has bought almost all of the surplus there for special logging trucks for clear cutting the rain forest .
there are ones and twos here and there but as time goes on expect prices to become dyna like

alan

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
it really doesn't seem to matter what they cost because nobody actually has them in inventory.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
So what you are saying is my rig is sitting on 800lbs of gold :)

2k with wheels tires etc. And I got my choice. If anyone needs a vacuum housing I have a couple but just convert to cable and you will be a lot better off. Vince is the best. It took him like 2 years to find me a set (when no one knew jack about them) but he came through :beer: :beer: :beer:

I am still looking for a spare stock wheel if anyone has one.

So airbag, what kind of suspension you running with the axles? I sure it makes mine look like the hacked job it is.

I am sure Vince's phone is ringing off the hook. The pic of the complete C303 he has in there is cool. The truck is really nice. I hope he turns that into his next trophy entry.

Ron

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
evilfij said:
So airbag, what kind of suspension you running with the axles? I sure it makes mine look like the hacked job it is.

Ron [/B]
Check out my suspension design post.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts