Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends got a 82 toyota truck that We've stripped down and are ready to build. He wants to go With a 4.3 to a 350 or th400 tranny, and was plotting to go marlin crawler duel cases, but did not know if Toyota Transfer cases (both out of early eightys four bangers) would be strong enough for a 4.3 Vortec. If so, does advanced Adapters make an adaper to go from a 350 to a Toyota case? Any info would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The Toy cases will be just fine behind that setup... You simply have to upgrade to the 23 spline turbo input to run the AA adapter. After that, if he picks up a 4wd version of the TH350 it's a bolt together proposition. If he gets a 2wd TH350, it'll be nescesary to replace the output shaft on the tranny.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Jay (Rok Toy) is running toy duals behind a TBI 350 and 700R4, they hold up just fine. 23 spline upgrade is nice, but unless your really "getting it" it's just extra insurance and you don't really need it.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I'm running 2.28:1 21 spline in the front box and went 4.7:1 23 spline in the rear. If starting
from scratch, 23 spline up front would be nice, but I didn't figure it was worth the extra $$ to
rebuy all the front pieces.
Jay

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I'm running 23 spline in both the front and rear cases. To my knowledge AA doesn't make a TH350 to Toy case adapter for the 21 spline... Someone else might though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have the TH350 to 21 spline adapter. They are VERY common from AA. I am using the adapter behind a 700R4 with a short shaft conversion.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i run 2 yeras 4.3 vortec with dual case 21 splines 2:28, 38 swamp`s 5.38 R&p, it hold just fine, mud, rock and hard sand racing, just take it in a toy there´s a hold world of difference

Know i`m running 21 front and 23 rear with 4.7, i sugest you just keep the dual 2:28, 200:1 is almost unuseless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts