Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a big block chevy 502, 8.2L Vortec engine. I had taken my car apart, pulled my engine out and placed it next to my table on what i thought was a safe place. My dog jumped on the table and dropped my drill on the engine, that resulted in breaking my intake manifold. I have been searching for hours trying to find where i can purchase an Intake Manifold for my engine to replace the one that i currently have, and all that i can find are manifolds for carborated systems. I need one for a Fuel injection system. Does anyone have any idea of where i can purchase one? or atleast a part number for it?

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a big block chevy 502, 8.2L Vortec engine. I had taken my car apart, pulled my engine out and placed it next to my table on what i thought was a safe place. My dog jumped on the table and dropped my drill on the engine, that resulted in breaking my intake manifold. I have been searching for hours trying to find where i can purchase an Intake Manifold for my engine to replace the one that i currently have, and all that i can find are manifolds for carborated systems. I need one for a Fuel injection system. Does anyone have any idea of where i can purchase one? or atleast a part number for it?

Thanks for the help guys
http://www.ajusa.com/Edelbrock-7135-Pro-Flo-XT-RPM-Intake-Manifold-a3da21.html?gclid=CJX0hNuFu78CFRJk7AodcVoAeQ

Edelbrock 7136 Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Manifolds - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you know what the engine came out of? I assume you have an 8.1 Vortec 496. If so the Chevy part # is 12581115

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
what i found is that Both the 496 and the 502 are called an 8.1 liter. The same goes for a 302 ford and a 305 chevy those are both a 5.0 liter. I think that the manufacturers just round to the nearest . of a liter rather than say it is 8.125 or whatever. The 496 and 502 use different combos for bore/stroke to achieve their relatively close cubic inch displacements. The 496 is considered a Vortec engine, where as the 502 is not.

http://www.raylarengineering.com/intake_manifold.html

496 = 8.12798 Liters
502 = 8.22630 Liters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts