Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blazer has a rebuilt 350 in it that's been bored 60 over with an RV cam and flat tappet. I've got a set of vortec heads from a 97 half ton Chevy sitting around. Would it be worth it in terms of power to have the heads gone through (decked, new valve guides, cleaned up) and install them? Truck is running an Edelbrock carb and soon long tube headers. I know I'll need self aligning rockers or guide plates for the pushrods and screw in rocker studs and a new intake manifold that matches the vortec bolt pattern. Thoughts?

1984 K5 Blazer//350//TH350//38" Nitto Mud Grapplers//6" suspension//3" body//Dana 60//GM 14 Bolt

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Depends on what heads your running now. From what I've read is you gain about 50hp with vortecs over shitty GM heads like the 882 or such.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The heads currently on the truck are the factory heads. So I figure the vortec heads could only help it.

1984 K5 Blazer//350//TH350//38" Nitto Mud Grapplers//6" suspension//3" body//Dana 60//GM 14 Bolt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went ahead and dropped the heads off at the machine shop to be cleaned up. Need to order some self aligning rockers and a new intake manifold and pushrods and it'll be ready to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts