Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant search and seem to get any pictures so I was wondering if anyone would post pictures of how they ran the exhaust for their 4.3 swap. I'm doing a 01' 4.3 to a 94 Toy truck 700R4 and Toy case with 5.0 AA gears. Also is the heat riser tube that is on the manifolds needed or can I remove it and plug the holes? Any help would be geat Thanks Jason Ratcliff

·
Registered
550 Posts
sorry i have no pics. as for the heat riser tube , i keeped it .
i was able to use the stock exhaust manifolds

·
Registered
62 Posts
johny5 said:
sorry i have no pics. as for the heat riser tube , i keeped it .
i was able to use the stock exhaust manifolds
In my 82 I was not able to keep the stock exhaust manifolds as they would not clear the drivers side frame rail. I ordered the AA headers and they should be here this week and then I'm going to start my exhaust installation. I'll try to get some pics in the coming week or so and I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone else posts some pics.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
a lot of guys around here seem to be using sanderson block hugger headers...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
A friend of mine used the stock tubular steel exhaust headers that came on some 4.3s. Not sure what vehicles or what years. This way you can cut and modify them how ever you need to make them fit.

I am not sure, however, how important equal length tubes are....?

Anyone have any real input on this....

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
i cut and modified a set of camaro manifolds for my sbc swap. should be about the same for a 4.3 you should be able to make something fit pretty easily. Then i had a Y pipe bent up, runs right under the torque converter cover and 2.5 exhaust through a mangaflow knockoff.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
exhaust

aa headers on my 85 still needed modification, I had to heat the up and bend them in where the frame is, and i think that has been the general consinsus on this board. I only wish I had painted them with some quality heat paint, rusted up quick, but the paint would have surely burnt off I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts