·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, nobody here has ever used one and posted about it.
Really? I searched and found nothing but the occasional mention in a thread about another optic.

Why don 't you try being helpful for once instead of an A$$ ?

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
I have nothing to add other than I finger fawked one heavily a week ago at the store. Seemed like a pretty nice optic for the money. I liked the SPARC over the Strikefire I also handled mainly due to the smaller size, and the 2 MOA dot. The Strikefire comes in red and green, but is a 4 MOA dot. I found the lower settings plenty bright in a well lit store, but didn' check them outside.

I will probably be buying a SPARC II in a few months.

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
The 2MOA dot is definitely an advantage in my opinion.

I beat on one for a while and only had one issue where it self adjusted after taking a hard hit when getting grounded at a highly physical match. For the money you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2MOA dot is definitely an advantage in my opinion.

I beat on one for a while and only had one issue where it self adjusted after taking a hard hit when getting grounded at a highly physical match. For the money you really can't go wrong.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for since they are on sale with free shipping at PSA.

The other optic I am looking at is the Burris 335 since with the rebate it is $164

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Got one, been using it for about a year and a half. No problems to report. holds Zero fine.
I don't use the 2X magnifier that came with it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The 2x is worthless. I use a sparc on my 54 cal inline and love it. Best bang for your buck sight imho.

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
The 2x is worthless. I use a sparc on my 54 cal inline and love it. Best bang for your buck sight imho.
How is it worthless? That is one thing I'm interested in since I didn't realize they came with one when I looked at them. I suppose position could have a big effect on whether it works for you or not, and I'm curious as to where you had it mounted?

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
It screws into the back of the sight, it isn't a quick flip sort of thing.

I thought it worked perfectly fine personally.
That's good to know. I'll go back and ask to see what's left in the box.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I run the sparc, I've put it through a lot of abuse and haven't had any issues with it. It's been on several guns including a 12ga, M14, AR10, and AR15. Not much else to say, I liked it more than my TRS-25 and strike fire.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
FYI, the battery is a rather large watch type Lithium ion that is a weird size. CR2354 I couldn't find any locally so I ordered 5 of them from Amazon. Not expensive, just a pain to not be a more common size.

·
no strings on me
4,121 Posts
I traded for one. I like it. I'd buy another. I'm normally an EO TECH and Burris ff fan and not an aimpoint fan if that helps you any. I like the SPARC and the Primary Arms dots too.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I'd run one on my dedicated .22LR AR; for a serious fighting rifle, I'd run Aimpoint, EOTech, or Trijicon to taste. With the introduction of the 2moa T-1 and Aimpoint Pro, you can find gently used Aimpoint Comp M2's for $250 or less (I bought a used one 6 years ago for $250... and I'm STILL running it!).

MY life is worth the extra $50 for an Aimpoint - YMMV.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts