Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my VP44 is on its last leg, so I think I am going to yank it and get it rebuilt... This does not mean I want a rebuilt unti from Bosch. I want my pump back after someone goes through it. Does nayone knnow of ny shops taht can rebuild this unit? I would prefer Northern CA, but anywhere in CA will work. Who has some rec's?

Thanks
Dima
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,659 Posts
Cummins Mid-America is the local Cummins dealer/parts/service center to me. They have an injector pump service center and rebuild pumps all the time. However, they said when it comes to the VP44, they won't even touch it. It goes back to Bosch. Good luck in your search.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,526 Posts
you would rather pay more and have your pump rebuilt than get the same pump as yours that is already rebuilt? Do you have some sort of special bond with it like a catholic priest and a young school boy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
How do you know its your injection pump and not your lift pump. Are you getting VP44 codes or just low PSI. You might want to look into getting a Hot Rod VP44. I havent heard a bad thing about them. They beef up the internals and it will also give you a bit more HP.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,097 Posts
BigDan said:
How do you know its your injection pump and not your lift pump. Are you getting VP44 codes or just low PSI. You might want to look into getting a Hot Rod VP44. I havent heard a bad thing about them. They beef up the internals and it will also give you a bit more HP.
I second that, if it is indeed your VP44, get a hotrod pump from piers, and for gods sake get a FASS or something similar and never worry again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it is the VP because I am gvetting the 216 code...

As for the HR pump, IO think I will get a standard one. Thehot rod is a good pump, but not at that price. $1600 is a hefty price tag for a injection pump.

DIma
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,097 Posts
Flatty said:
I know it is the VP because I am gvetting the 216 code...

As for the HR pump, IO think I will get a standard one. Thehot rod is a good pump, but not at that price. $1600 is a hefty price tag for a injection pump.

DIma
It is?!?! I guess you haven't priced a new one then. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
ScottFJ40 said:
It is?!?! I guess you haven't priced a new one then. :laughing:

Considering he can get a stock replacement for around $1100, $1600seems like a pretty steep premium to pay for 50 horsepower.

And like I said, you can have them rebuilt now. There are just not many places doing them.

http://www.dieselfuelinjectionservice.com/ ; This is one of the places that actually rebuilds or repairs the pump, whichever is cheaper. They will also replace the electronics. You no longer have to buy a new pump.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,097 Posts
hoehand said:
Considering he can get a stock replacement for around $1100, $1600seems like a pretty steep premium to pay for 50 horsepower.

And like I said, you can have them rebuilt now. There are just not many places doing them.

http://www.dieselfuelinjectionservice.com/ ; This is one of the places that actually rebuilds or repairs the pump, whichever is cheaper. They will also replace the electronics. You no longer have to buy a new pump.
Where can you get a stock replacemnt for 1100? Tell me, I'd really like to know since I sell them, and dealer cost is more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
I had it replaced after the first pump went out, even though it was good. This time my lp is still good, but I am getting the dead pedal.

First time was with a hot drag box, wire tapped

This time just a va box.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top