Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
32,206 Posts
BigDan said:
How do you know its your injection pump and not your lift pump. Are you getting VP44 codes or just low PSI. You might want to look into getting a Hot Rod VP44. I havent heard a bad thing about them. They beef up the internals and it will also give you a bit more HP.
I second that, if it is indeed your VP44, get a hotrod pump from piers, and for gods sake get a FASS or something similar and never worry again.

· Banned
32,206 Posts
Flatty said:
I know it is the VP because I am gvetting the 216 code...

As for the HR pump, IO think I will get a standard one. Thehot rod is a good pump, but not at that price. $1600 is a hefty price tag for a injection pump.

DIma
It is?!?! I guess you haven't priced a new one then. :laughing:

· Banned
32,206 Posts
hoehand said:
Considering he can get a stock replacement for around $1100, $1600seems like a pretty steep premium to pay for 50 horsepower.

And like I said, you can have them rebuilt now. There are just not many places doing them.

http://www.dieselfuelinjectionservice.com/ ; This is one of the places that actually rebuilds or repairs the pump, whichever is cheaper. They will also replace the electronics. You no longer have to buy a new pump.
Where can you get a stock replacemnt for 1100? Tell me, I'd really like to know since I sell them, and dealer cost is more than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.