Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VSV Questions?

1985 California 4runner. 22-REC

Ok. I recently busted my VSV switch becuase the wire connector on it was old and brittle. I went to toyota to find a new one and they asked for my VIN # to make sure I got the right part. They ordered me a new VSV and when it arrived it ended up being the wrong one! The funny thing is that my original is completely different than the new one. The wire connector doesn't mate with the connector on my motor. ":flipoff2: TOYOTA OF SANTA CRUZ".

Below are a couple pics of my old/new VSV. The original pic has a small circle where I believe that little filter thing is on the new VSV. Does anyone have a correct part # for a CA 22-REC from '85? Please help. My truck is idling a little low and I need it for smog. ":flipoff2: CA EMMISIONS".

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well man I am a cert. toy parts guy. I would have sold you the same thing. Everything looks right. Maybe try a wider view of the one on your truck and I will try to figure it out. Also if you could figure out where the lines go to from the VSV.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That should work does the connector work?

The filter is just a vent,it bypasses to the vent of foam that used to bve there,the new one has a different vent cover same thing though.

Have you tried it yet?

Gary

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went back to toyota again yesterday and they told me that this is the only VSV part they could find for my VIN #. I'm just going to crimp on some connectors and wire it up myself. No biggie. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.