Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some first hand experience with these. I've never played with one, but they seem well built. What are the pros/cons?

JG Sales seems to have them. One is available locally for ~$425value, but idk if that's worth the effort.

It's a round I have. Are the mage absolutely unique or ?? I've seen the build thread, but figured it was similar to the AK build at this point, ie-just about the same $$ to buy built. True?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
So I need some first hand experience with these. I've never played with one, but they seem well built. What are the pros/cons?

JG Sales seems to have them. One is available locally for ~$425value, but idk if that's worth the effort.

It's a round I have. Are the mage absolutely unique or ?? I've seen the build thread, but figured it was similar to the AK build at this point, ie-just about the same $$ to buy built. True?
Yes.

I just traded a d-technik version. it was ok.

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts
Ak mags do NOT interchange. ORF receivers had lots of problems early on, supposedly fixed now.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would rather have an AK due to the mags.
I've got that well covered, mags and all.

This is that "something different" appeal. Seams as if they have good reviews. Smooth shooting etc. I don't have a milled AK.....so....

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I've got that well covered, mags and all.

This is that "something different" appeal. Seams as if they have good reviews. Smooth shooting etc. I don't have a milled AK.....so....
How about the PTR91 that takes AK mags? That is something different and uses the same ammo as the Vz and AK. However I think it cost at least twice as much as the $425 for the Vz.

The Vz does look like a cool rifle though.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pienso El Animator escribió un hilo acerca de un VZ un rato atrás. Vaya búsquelo. :flipoff2:
I referenced his build thread in the original post. I don't want to build one.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right. But there's good info about the VZ in there, even if one weren't inclined to build one.
Agreed, and the general impression of the VZ58 is good. I guess I should have been a tad more specific as I'm wondering moreso about the Century version, the VZ-2008.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
I have one. I just got it. Only has 80 rounds through it. I will try and do a video on it. It will be my first attempt at putting video on computer.
Also, centerfire systems has them for $350.
What do you want to know?
My century is really pretty nice. I was impressed, especially considering what I have seen come from them.

I like it better than the AK, because it has an independent gas piston, weighs less even though it is milled, has a last round bolt hold open, and is seemingly more accurate than the AKs I have shot (mostly cheapys) As for the magazines, they are better built than AK mags, and very affordable.

For mine I plan a B&T Rail, FAB defense pistol grip (or modified AK grip), Primary Arms M4, and a few other little mods (trigger guard, safety, Neit bolt release, maybe FO sights), maybe a grip pod, definitely a short VFG though, and a different brake.
Myself, and a buddy of mine are both running this rifle. The only problem he has had is the pin that holds in the detent for the muzzle brake came loose, and the detent fell out. He just had a bigger pin put in. Also, the stock bolt, and pistol grip bolt need blue lock tite.
I gotta run to town to get some truck parts. I will check back in here after I get back. I will try and get some pictures on here too for you. I was going to wait until I had all the parts for it, and more shooting data before I started a thread on it. I guess the cat's out of the bag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased 2 of the parts kits from Centerfire back when they were 2 for $99 and had purchased a receiver and compliance kit from ORF about the same time. For various reasons I had not attempted the build; it turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. I finished my first VZ58 build less than a month ago; I like it so well I just ordered my second receiver.

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
I purchased 2 of the parts kits from Centerfire back when they were 2 for $99 and had purchased a receiver and compliance kit from ORF about the same time. For various reasons I had not attempted the build; it turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. I finished my first VZ58 build less than a month ago; I like it so well I just ordered my second receiver.

Where'd you get the receiver from? I have another parts kit I'd like to turn into a functioning rifle...

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts
Where'd you get the receiver from? I have another parts kit I'd like to turn into a functioning rifle...
The company that bought up ORF is selling their stuff again.

·
Premium Member
17,873 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What are the D-Tech versions REALLY worth and why?

All I've read is that they're nice, but haven't seen much side-by-side comparison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts