Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please fill out the entry form and return to the W.E.ROCK offices by fax, e-mail or snail-mail.....

We need to confirm that you are coming if your in the top nine, if you are not please let us know ASAP, so we can at our discretion make plans for possible replacements.

2008 GNC Entry form is available on line at www.werocklive.com

Thanks,

Big Rich

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
will know on Sunday:)

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
6 wildcards for Pro Mod, 6 for Unlimited, they may be split evenly east to west or not...they are reserved for marketing/sponsor purposes.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Curious? What does this exactly mean?
I'm assuming that it's like golf. So lets say someone, like Maxxis for example, wanted a specific competitor in who didn't qualify, WERock might accommodate them.

BTW What's with unlimited getting the same number of wild-card spots? They didn't even have the full 9 people qualify out west :confused: It should be proportional in my opinion, or you are going to just water down that class even more than it already is. This is especially crazy since you are already letting in 100% of the competitors who competed in the series.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
We set the qualifying setup before the year started, without knowing the amount of teams that would be competing in the series.

Eventhough we have 6 spots per class, there is no sure deal on the amount of wildcard spots we use. In fact, there is a possibility of giving zero wild card spots out. We won't know for sure until the time comes to put that together...

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Years ago I warned Ranch to use WildCards...he ignored that but nailed himself when he had the title sponsor of SUPERCRAWL as Toyo, yet none of their teams qualified...major events do have some business considerations as well as competition considerations that the promoter must be sure to fulfill. WildCards give the promoter options to solve some last-minute gaps but placing a limit on them prevents a runaway issue of politics over competition.

As Lil said, I'll repeat that the rules were laid down long before class entries came in for the season. The number of wildcards is strictly a limit, not a "must give 6". As the example, W.E.ROCK's had dozens of wildcards available over the years and has only used one or two, if even that...I thought it was zero, Lil told me they needed one for Boyd to cover an investor that made that track happen in the first place. A justified use of a wildcard for sure.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Seems you loose the competition aspect of the event when a sponsor can/could buy their way into the event with a so called "Wildcard Spot".....

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
If someone doesnt make the top 9, even if they competed in the series, the chances of them mixing a whole lot of things up in the finals, are slim.

... But as a Rookie this year, and sitting in 11th in a tough pro-mod class, I would sure like to try :flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems you loose the competition aspect of the event when a sponsor can/could buy their way into the event with a so called "Wildcard Spot".....

Alot of sports do it, Tennis, Golf, even NASCAR with their top 35, champions provisional, etc.....

Besides, it gives the sponsor media time, not really a shot at winning.....

and how does it loose the competition aspect, we don't give the sponsor a win, only a chance to be there

And ITSA quoted from another board:

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 pm Post subject:
"After the crappy run we had on the rocks this past weekend Ive got my fingers crossed for one of those "WILDCARD SPOTS" !!

So now that you hear what a "Wild card spot" entails, your not hoping for one? I'll remember that if we decide to look at filling some spots at the ASN's :shaking:

Big Rich

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Just trying to understand the wildcards spots.... :confused:

pm sent...
We gave an explanation that was clear and you chose to dig a little deeper. Get over it, it's been in the rules for YEARS and we explained ourselves fully all along.

And FYI, if a sponsor wants to BUY THEIR WAY IN, I'd be stoked because then maybe I could actually get some money for my meals when I'm there because right now, there isn't even a budget for that, let alone a paycheck...

Anyone else want to continue the wildcard discussion in public???? DON'T.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Years ago I warned Ranch to use WildCards...he ignored that but nailed himself when he had the title sponsor of SUPERCRAWL as Toyo, yet none of their teams qualified...major events do have some business considerations as well as competition considerations that the promoter must be sure to fulfill. WildCards give the promoter options to solve some last-minute gaps but placing a limit on them prevents a runaway issue of politics over competition
U'mmmm, I just explained this above you...didn't you read it?

Just trying to understand the wildcards spots.... :confused:
We gave an explanation that was clear and you chose to dig a little deeper. ...

Anyone else want to continue the wildcard discussion in public???? DON'T.
If the ???? is about you still not understanding, did you read what I wrote that's quoted in bright red? If the ???? is about not hashing this out in public, we have a roundtable forum for a reason, use it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts