Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
W.E.ROCK Jellico Tech and Registration

2210 Jacks Boro Pike
LaFollette, TN. 37766

Tech Hours: noon-8pm

Reg hours: 4pm-8pm

There will be a band on site and I understand that there is also a bar in the mall. Parking for trailers and tow rigs will be available behind the mall, please do not parking in the front of the mall.

Thanks

Big

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Shameless Racing
511 Posts
I found that for some reason Google has it under La Follette, Campbell, TN

2210 Jacksboro Pike, La Follette, Campbell, Tennessee 37766, United States

Cut/Paste into Google Maps, seems to be the same place Rich is talking about

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Here are the directions from a local.

Exit 134 off I-75 (LaFollette, Jacksboro, Caryville)

If coming from Kentucky on 75: From exit turn left off exit onto TN HWY 63.

If coming from Knoxville, TN: From exit turn right onto TN HWY 63.

Follow Hwy 63 for about 5-6 miles and Woodson's Mall will be on your right.

Places you will pass in order: Jacksboro Middle School, Wal-Mart, Advanced Auto Parts, Lowe's, Burger King, Arby's, Subway, Tindell's Hardware Store, and Wendy's.

Pizza Hut and Auto Zone are across the street.

I can not wait for this to happen!!!

There is a bar in the back of the mall called the Back Door Cafe. Beer is under $3 and El Pueblito is excellent Mexican Food! There is a Chinese Buffet in the mall also.

With it being 4th of July the DHS office will be closed there will be plenty of parking behind Wendy's and behind the mall.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mapquest say's 18.7 miles

But Aaron might be a better judge of actual distance, never know where mapquest use's for actual mileage's

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ahh crap we don't measure anything in miles here. We measure everything on time.

I live about 10 minutes from the mall and it takes me a good 20 minutes to go to the course.

From Woodsons to the course is about 30 minutes by car and 50 if you are pulling. That is if I remember correctly. If you are really conservative then an hour at most. That also depends on the way that you go. There are a few different ways to get to the course actually. It is probably closer to 20-21 miles from Woodson's mall to the course. Even with GIS technology being as good as it is, the measurement is usually off by a little bit on curvy roads.

Those estimates are based on if you travel into LaFollette and go north on 25 W back to the HWY 90 intersection to go back to the course.

Be prepared to see quite a few people when this thing goes off, and be ready to give some stuff away.

My recommendation if you are staying in Jellico is to go the interstate back to Jellico than taking US HWY 25 W across Jellico Mountain and Big Creek Gap. There are hotels in Caryville, and Jacksboro, if anyone wants to crash on this end of the mountain.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it before or after the Jellico exit on 75? If I have to go up that hill past the Jellico exit, my truck is going to beat my ass.

If you don't want to drive the hills, I'm assuming your coming south on 75, take the jeelico exit and proceed on 25 like your going to the event site, bit DO NOT turn on 90 stay on 25 all the way into LaFollette. It follows the river so no big mountians to climb..... just a little slower going

Big

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You're right, I would be coming 75S. So I would get off of the exit, turn left and stay on 25 into town?
I do not recommend this, but this is another way. Going I-75 would be easier and possibly safer.

Yes you can exit off at Jellico and take hwy 25 W across Big Creek Gap. If you prefer driving a very curvy mountain road all the way to town then this is the way to go. Just go like you are going to the course, but do not cut off the highway at the HWY 90 interchange. 25W runs into downtown LaFollette. When you get to the red light in LaFollette turn right onto Hwy 63 and follow down for about 4.5-5 miles. The mall will be on the left.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any word on competitor shirts and stickers for the rigs/trailers?
If you are paid up on your membership fees, you will receive your merchandize vouchers at Jellico....

Big

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey what about my question LOL??
You need to sign the releases and draw your starting position, so you need to come by tech and reg anyways, if you CAN NOT make registration, you must call me between 6-8pm on the day of tech and reg. If you do not call me, you will have to pay the late fees.....

Cars always need to be tech for safety items, like your fire extinguishers, etc.....

Call Lil'Rich if you can't make tech.... 530-409-4548

Big

1 - 20 of 23 Posts