Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helping out a friend here and his lower radiator hose is now on the wrong side. Obviously I would have known this if I searched before offering to help. :shaking:

Figuring out a radiator setup is the last thing we need to fire this truck up and was wondering what the options are for radiators.

Does anyone have any experience with this swap? Truck is a 1985 and originally a 318.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
You need one of the '70s big block water pump housings that puts the inlet on the passenger side. Good luck finding one and they can be expensive when you find them. I'm holding onto the one that I have left.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hmmm, god to know. I assumed mine was like all the rest and naturally came out on the passenger's side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need one of the '70s big block water pump housings that puts the inlet on the passenger side. Good luck finding one and they can be expensive when you find them. I'm holding onto the one that I have left.
Thanks for the info! He said he found a used one and hopefully we'll have it here in a few days.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
They aren't that hard to find, and I have one that I would consider letting go if needed.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Or take the radiator you have to a radiator shop and have them braze in a new nipple and patch the old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts