Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I feel it is the bearings as stated...once he gets the cases seperated its really nothing to replace em (if he doesnt have it done at a shop)...just watch for a couple of small indent pins on the shift rods...and synchros can be a pain...just do it slowly....if he does it al all....795 up to 1300 for a rebuilt...I had autozone match the local shops cost and am going that way my self...

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I ripped into mine blindfolded basically with just my haynes and mitchell manuals...I got it all tore down with a set of 3 finger bearing pullers, ring plires, hammer an blocks...a press will make a difference...So I am building one...LOL...I did not get to far into the main input since my pullers were not that long to reach the gears...thats where a press is handy...the center bearings are small compared to the outer case ones...watch out for the small metal balls and pins when you take the shift rails...do not loose em and use small cans to keep your parts seperated...the breakdown pics in the manuals are basic, but they do show pretty much all of it
There is not much to seperating the front and rear cases...nothing will fall out unless it has busted inside..everything is attaches to the centerplate so to speak...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.