Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am mounting up a 2RZ to a W-56 transmission in my 1983 Hilux. I am having a hell of a problem finding one on the forums or even semi-locally for that matter. For those that have done this conversion is the W59 bellhousing the only one that works or will a bellhousing work from a 2RZ/3RZ 95-05 2Wheel Drive work ?

Its the last part of the puzzle, I can't belive how hard it is to find one. They used the same damn bellhousing for 10 years.

Part of it is un-true I did find one but the price of $175 was a bit to much.

Thanks,
-Al

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got one in the parts pile, but its located in Washington State and I am located off the coast of Antigua. I sold my R151F bellhousing for $240 shipped so $175 isn't too much to me.
Your talking about a bellhousing that was used for 2 years from toyota on a very small percentage of turbo 4cy motors. I am talking about a bellhousing that was used for 10 years on 2 different motors 2rz/3rz. $175 is a junk yard rip off but thats just my opinion.

I was just seeing if there was another option then the W59, to make the search a little better.

I venture out to the PNW about once a year. During the one month it doesnt rain (August). Wish every month out there was August I'd be out there already.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Still sitting at the junk yard, doubt its gone. Not a whole lotta 2/3rz swaps going on ;)
guess you ain't doin a swap
looks like not alota cheap bells either:p

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
uh huh I already know that, but that wont bolt to a W-56. Looks like my options are still the W-59. Thanks anyway.
we know hu?:D
$175 is a bargin:evil:

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Have you tried searching over on TTORA? Also, try placing a wanted post on here and on Marlins board. If someone has one, make sure to get pictures of it first. It would suck to pay all that money, just to get a W56 bellhousing from someone who didn't know better, or didn't care.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
175 is fucking high when you can buy complete trannys for that price.

the R151 pricing on everything is bullshit.

why would you pay 500$ plus when you can get an R150 for almost nothing.

my w59 bell was free. :flipoff2: i will trade it for a "good" R150 trans

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am mounting up a 2RZ to a W-56 transmission in my 1983 Hilux. I am having a hell of a problem finding one on the forums or even semi-locally for that matter. For those that have done this conversion is the W59 bellhousing the only one that works or will a bellhousing work from a 2RZ/3RZ 95-05 2Wheel Drive work ?

Its the last part of the puzzle, I can't belive how hard it is to find one. They used the same damn bellhousing for 10 years.

Part of it is un-true I did find one but the price of $175 was a bit to much.

Thanks,
-Al
Any 4-cylinder Tacoma 2rz or 3rz manual bellhousing will work for the conversion of the g52 and w56 transmission there is also another application you can go with if you'd like to run the V6 3.0 5-speed Transmissions which I believe its the r series you would need a 2005+ Tacoma four-cylinder 2tr bellhousing will dapped directly to the r series transmission they came Factory behind 3.0 V6 4Runner 5-speed Transmissions or you could just take the 3.4 V6 transmission from a 4Runner 97 to 04 an adapt it right to a 2JZ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any 4-cylinder Tacoma 2rz or 3rz manual bellhousing will work for the conversion of the g52 and w56 transmission there is also another application you can go with if you'd like to run the V6 3.0 5-speed Transmissions which I believe its the r series you would need a 2005+ Tacoma four-cylinder 2tr bellhousing will dapped directly to the r series transmission they came Factory behind 3.0 V6 4Runner 5-speed Transmissions or you could just take the 3.4 V6 transmission from a 4Runner 97 to 04 an adapt it right to a 2JZ
Sorry for my shity spell check

1 - 14 of 14 Posts