Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright after doing some searching on this sight i've been left with a couple questions. first i will tell ya what i am planning to run.
grand waggy 44s with stock waggy spring in a soa setup and 4.88s with a spool in the rear and an arb front later in tim. i know i need to use chevy flat tops to get my cross oversteering right. i already have a sye in the rear so i don't have to worry bout that. now in terms of brakelines i hear that i can run cj lines. Am i better off just gettin a set of custom braided? Where is the best place to get them. What are the best shocks to use for the money? And am i goin to need a cv front driveshaft too. I'm figuring a shackle reversal for the front and boomerange shackles in the rear. Also to keep it streetably I'm going to use waggy ubolt plates to mount the swaybar. I know you guys have done this a ton of times and i know i might hit the tank with the waggy springs, no worries if it does i'll just raise the tank.
nick

·
Registered
130 Posts
Front brake lines will bolt to the wag calipers. Rear need an ordinary adapter. Both lines need to be aftermarket, longer versions.

You will need a long spline front shaft for the SR. You dont need a CV in the front.

·
Registered
17,628 Posts
Sounds like good plans to me. As far as shocks, if you can swing it, Id go with some bilstein 7100 series with a remote resevoir.
Scott

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
You can use aftermarket YJ brakelines in the front. My skyjacker lines fit the waggy calipers. I used the rear YJ brake lines as well. I just swapped off the hardlines from the D35 onto my scout D44. Threaded right into my wheel cylinders.

You will not need a front CV shaft, the D44 is a full floater, slap some warn premium hubs on it and your fine.

If you use a shackle reversal that relocates the axle forward, and then use the waggy leafs that are an additional 1.5" forward, you may run into steering issues. No two jeeps are the same. SOme people's work out and some need to move the steering box forward. Generally with moving the axle forward 2-2.5" the cross over works fine, but more than that, and possibly at the distance you will be borderline.

For shocks, DT3000's are durable and work well. The Rancho 9012's are great, the Bilsteins's are sweet but pricey. OME also makes nice shocks.

Be sure to use F250 mounts on the front so you can run the longest shocks possible. You need to relocate your rear upper mounts as well to run long shocks.

Good luck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys. i might just do waggy springs in the rear instead. As for the rear stock locations am i better to run them in a v or stock position.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did the same swap on My YJ. If You plan on using the stock waggy steering You'll need to swap out the pitman arm so the bigger TRE fits. I put a late 80's ford pitman arm on. Or You could ream it out.
Matt

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great Info Guys

I am gettign to do the same swap. Front Waggy springs at all four corners along with Waggy D44 axles front and rear. Getting Chevy knuckles and using the waggy steering linkage. I am not planning on using the longer wheelbase so I will place the shorter side of the spring towards the front (doing shackle reversal up front).

I already have braided steel custom lines with AN fittings so using my lines should be a problem.

Do I need the double steering arms to make this work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts