Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
yea in the future all you will need is to get 2.5 inch lift yj springs. since you can run 35's with just a spring over, you will also already have a body lift also, so you will have plenty of clearance. so in the future for 38's you will just need to slap a set of 2.5 inch lift yj springs on and your ready to go. 44's will hold up fine for your appilication.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
For the time being, SOA with stock YJ springs and shackles. Ditch the body lift all together, run a 4.5" backspacing on a 15x8. When you step to 38s, I'd suggest you look into a new rear axle, depending on your driving style. The low pinion Waggy front will live if you load it with alloys and CTMs and add a truss over the pig. I'd go with either a 35 spline 9" rear or a D60. When you throw 38s on, go with 2.5" YJ springs and a set of boomerang shackles (no Revolvers :rolleyes: ). I'd recommend that you keep your CoG lower and cut the fenders for the meats; lots of guys on this board have built very capable rigs with smaller lifts and bigger tires by cutting - it produces a very stable rig.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
aight thanks for all the help...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
NE-RokToy said:
If you don't want a changed wheelbase you don't want waggy springs!!!
Not necessarily. The distance from one spring eye to the center pin is exactly the same distance as a YJ spring from the spring eye to the center pin. The distance from the other eye of the Waggie spring to the center pin is longer than a YJ spring. Most people who run Waggie springs and extend their wheelbase put the end that is farther from the center spring in the fixed hanger. If you swap the spring ends around so the other end is in the fixed hanger the wheelbase stays the same and the extra length is taken up by the shackle, behind the axle. Wheelbase stays the same as stock YJ.

·
Registered
324 Posts
well i still a dana 44 will be fine for you even with the 38's. if you read the other post he put up, this gonna be a low stress situation with more daily driving then anything. dont see the need to put the money in a 60 since he isnt beating tehe shit out of it. if i am not mistakin he said inhis last post he doesnt "get it" to hard when he goes. he just likes to go play in mud.

·
Registered
240 Posts
what gsp said..we run waggy springs on the 8 put the longer end behind the axle.(shackle end.)lots of flex .either flip the hanger ,relocate it or run a longer shackle(ie. lift shackle to reach it.)reverse shackle the front.then the same thing. Waggy front springs all the way around.plus their all pick in pull. stock and cheap.
Do the spring over at the same time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts