Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a Dana 44 out of an 86 Waggy, Driverside drop, and can't find any Chrome-moly axles...
Warn doesn't make them and Randy's has had me waiting for 7 months..

Any ideas... And I did a search..Nothing!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shafts are different in the models they used the driverside drop. Warn does not have an application for the driverside drop 86 model Waggy.

Moser- I've heard they are weak at the ears... When I spend the $ I want to be happy with my shish...

Any ideas on where to get the blank warn shafts?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea who cuts the splines here in the atlanta area or should I get Dutchman to do it.?

I know dutchman has the reputation..

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
Peak ZJ said:
Any idea who cuts the splines here in the atlanta area or should I get Dutchman to do it.?

I know dutchman has the reputation..
Moser's pretty cheap, or check around locally.

Edit: When it comes to length, I hear that Moser doesn't cut them to the exact length you want, so make sure you clarify. Apparently, they leave them a little longer for you to cut to the exact length you need.

Bryan

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had real good luck with Moser cutting and splining my 44 shafts. They cut them exactly what I told them to. Don't kmow about this leaveing them long stuff. They were fast and somewhat cheap 70 a side.....HTH

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Peak ZJ said:
The shafts are different in the models they used the driverside drop. Warn does not have an application for the driverside drop 86 model Waggy.

80 -84 Waggy's are a driver's side drop axle. They do fit 85-91s, since I had them (84 stock shafts) in a 85 GW axle.

I called Warn and asked why they don't list them for the later years and they said it's because they've never confirmed that they fit in person. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Peak ZJ said:
Bullshit. All Waggy fronts from 80-91 are drivers side drop. There is no difference between any of them for that range of years. I've called Warn and asked them why their chart doesn't cover all of the years and they just say "Idunno".:confused:

Edit: Guess I shoulda read Charly's response first. He already had it covered.

·
Registered
720 Posts
custom axles

Currie also takes Warn blanks and cuts and splines them. I hear they are quite a bit cheaper than Dutchmen. I've seen Moser splines twist at the carrier side of a rear D44, but that was a few years ago. I'd go Currie

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm saying Warn told me they didn't have an application for an 86 Waggy front 44...

I'll buy blanks and have them splined.

Thanx

·
Registered
823 Posts
do you have your shafts out? if so, measure them. I'll measure my warn 44 shafts for an 1980 waggy.

I would be shocked if they werent the same....of course if you want to goto the trouble to get custom shafts and dont wanna measure.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Peak ZJ said:
I'm saying Warn told me they didn't have an application for an 86 Waggy front 44...
....and we're trying to tell you that they are the same as the 80-84 they do have an application for.:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts