Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some wheels that will fit my new axles, and have some problems finding out if the wheels I need are just an aboration or if this is a common problem when fitting wheels on the waggy d44. The rotors are very big and if you add the caliper into the mix, they measure 13.5 inches or more. I am gonna run 15 inch wheels, and feel it might be neccessary to get wheels with no, or negative backspacing. Anyone know of this and have the measurments of the wheel backspacing they used? Thanks, T. :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
4" bs works fine, the closest thing to them is the stock steering arm, but still got a 1/2" or so between that. Thats with cheapie steelies, 15x8's

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Should be no problem running normal BS. Waggys came with 15" wheels.

BTW, you confsed backspacing with offset.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Just go and get some black steel rims, there like 20 bucks each, tell them you want rims for a waggoneer.

I run a 3.5 bs on my rims and they fit over chevy 1/2 ton rotors on 15 inch rims

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I'm running 4.25" BS 15" rims on a Waggy Dana 44 with chevy flat-tops, Tri-county arms, 1/2 ton Chevy full-steel calipermounts, Ford F-150 hubs and rotors, GM large calipers, basically the standard mix, no clearance issues.

15" rims fit fine until you get into eight lug hubs and 12.5" rotors.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Non-IFS Chevy rims and all FSJ rims will fit, but Toyota and Nissan factory steel rims (don't know about the aluminum ones) will not clear the caliper, even though the bolt-pattern is the same.

I've never seen aftermarket rims that have any trouble clearing; usually they design the rim itself to clear the caliper, and the center-hole large enough to fit over the wider Toyota hub (Chevy/FSJ rim center-holes are too small), so it's a truly-universal 6-lug rim.

There certainly could be oddball aftermarket rims out there, though, that won't clear the caliper, if they were designed with only the Toyotas in mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts