Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put early wagoneer springs on the rear of their 40? How do they work? Any other ideas welcome

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I've got the front springs from a later model Waggy on the rear of mine. They work very well, but absolutely NEED a wrap bar (worse than cruiser springs), and there is no military wrap on the second leaf. They are soft and the right length for what I wanted though... (48" long, 24.5/22.5" pins)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I ran them on my last cruiser. they flex like crazy but I thought they were a little to soft for the road, if you drive it much there. I also broke a pinion trying to test drive it on a super easy trail before I put in a traction bar. Once I got the traction bar in and a sway bar from a fj45 under there it was fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you use front or rear springs. I have a 79 donor waggy so I have both. Also, what did it do for your axle placement? did it move it back?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
deepurple said:
did you use front or rear springs. I have a 79 donor waggy so I have both. Also, what did it do for your axle placement? did it move it back?
It moved the axle back a bit, I just ran a longer rear shackle like a few of us have done with 55 rear springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
deepurple said:
not sure if they are fronts or rears (rears I think) I got them used and they were close to 55 rears, so I put them on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The fronts of my waggy are about 45 in long were as the rears are about 53 in long. The fronts would fit easier but they have like 10 leaves and look really stiff. How do 55's compare to 60's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts