Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
it almost looks like the new version is merely the wheel turned around and the lock installed on the other side. I know that doesn't sound right but it looks that way to me???

I will never know for sure cause they are too $$$$$$$$$$ for me

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Ya know I haven't see a single wheel in the past 20 years that caught my eye as much as the new style duz. Dang I love em. Need a set.

·
Registered
195 Posts
they're having a few problems. first the casted backspace was wrong, now Walkers cnc isn't big enough to do the finish work.
they've backed up the delivery date 3 times so far. may ship this month. I'm guessing the cast look is cheaper than the polished.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
The polished wheels are the first set of prototype wheels.

Polishing will be an option on the production wheels after startup issues have been worked out.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
put me in line for a set. and I'm damn glad I waited!

--Sherpa

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SHERPA said:
put me in line for a set. and I'm damn glad I waited!

--Sherpa
Yea I ordered mine today. Hope it doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Old Scout said:

Yea I ordered mine today. Hope it doesn't take too long.
Old Scout,

refresh my memory: those are 15X 10" right-? and what were

the offered BS dims?

--thanks,

Sherpa

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SHERPA said:

Old Scout,

refresh my memory: those are 15X 10" right-? and what were

the offered BS dims?

--thanks,

Sherpa
17" X 8.5"

Backspacing is cut to order between 3.75"- 4.75".

All Standard automotive bolt patterns are available from 5 lug to 8 lug including Hummer applications.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Definitely the unpolished, looks much better. And less Bling!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I spoke with WER today to see what the latest scoop was(I am getting desperate to get some 17" beadlocks) I was told that it would probably be the end of the month before they are available-yes this has been said before... As Chris said they are now made with cast centers(the prototypes were polished) They WILL offer them polished for another $30 per wheel. If you saw the prototype and thought $285, what's the catch--There's the catch! Add polishing and they're right at the price of everyone elses alum 17 beadlock. Regardless, they are a good looking wheel and the only 17 beadlock I am aware of that is available in a 3.75 BS. Most of the 17s have ridicules BS like 5" There are other Mfgs of 17s getting the clue that not everyone wants a mega BS, but they just aren't going to be avail for a few months.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ChiScouter said:
OS didn't you already have some 17" beadlocks? Problems with them?
YEA I have four of these:

Needed a spare! :D M/T is having supply problems and I was told 8-10 weeks for a one more, soo I went with Walker.

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Old Scout said:
When did they change the design? Anybody get theirs yet? Do You like them?

NEW

OLD
I like the newer design better, the transition is smoother and the small and large holes look more proportional. I'd probably get them in polished though.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
DM said:
Regardless, they are a good looking wheel and the only 17 beadlock I am aware of that is available in a 3.75 BS.
My Allied 17s are 3.75" backspacing (steel though). I'm not sure about the Allied aluminums though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts