Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have good pictures of Walker Evans' Blazer? Looking specifically for closeups of the suspension.

I've got bad ideas running through my head.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Nope, the blazer and the First S10 are separate vehicles. I know because I was driving the S10 through the notches at TDS a few years ago and came nose to nose with someone driving the blazer still painted in Walkers colors. It was a pretty cool OG comp crawler moment.

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
The Blazer is still running around as it was the day he built it, wild steering system and all. It worked OK for crawling but is really more of a cool rig than a hardcore capable machine...for what it is, I wish I owned it.

As far as I know, a guy named Mike jones bought it. Not sure if it was Mad Mike Jones...but that was the rumor I had heard. I've seen it twice in the last four years...both times out near Truckhaven IIRC.

Regarding suspensions, the Blazer still has the first suspension he put under it. The RockIt (his old S10) HAD a reverse swinging front suspension under it that worked decent in the bumps but would not climb worth a damn because of the extreme unloading that even a winch couldn't control. He swapped it over to a traditional wishbone style 3 link front end. That rig had rear steer BTW. After I bought his S10, he built another smaller S10 nicknamed Peanut. It started off with a swingarm style full independent suspension but after a couple of events, was re-fitted with straight axles front and rear. That vehicle never had rear steer. He sold that after 2 seasons and moved on to a Campbell moonbuggy with rear steer but after a couple of events, he ditched RS on that and went to a non-steer rear not long before retiring from rockcrawling.
Since then, he's built a cool Jeep, then recently had Campbell build him a truly wild promod stlye Jeep...both were for trails and fun with friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts