Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Walker Evans Shocks today. These things are bad ass, I put them on our shipping scale and they only weigh 4.5 lbs each :eek: this is 35 lbs lighter than my coils were. They had some problems getting all of the parts to put them together so there was some delay getting them, but they Next Day Aired them to me to make up for it.
Thanks to Kevin at W.E.R. for the service! :beer:

Mac

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Cool! Light, too... what travel length is that (and forgive my ignorance if there is only one)?
Just for S&G, I just tossed one of my 16" Fox airshox on the scale... 8 lbs.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Price?
Does walker have a site to get some views of them? I have seen one photo in a mag before but that is all.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
The Mac said:
I just received my Walker Evans Shocks today. These things are bad ass, I put them on our shipping scale and they only weigh 4.5 lbs each :eek: this is 35 lbs lighter than my coils were. They had some problems getting all of the parts to put them together so there was some delay getting them, but they Next Day Aired them to me to make up for it.
Thanks to Kevin at W.E.R. for the service! :beer:

Mac

Coilovers or coils? Just curious because when I weighed my coilovers they were only 21lbs w/ springs. That was a 2" dia, 16" travel with a 130lb coil, 150lb coil, dual rate kit and tender coil. That seemed really light compared to what I had heard they weighed. Now I am curious if I didn't get the right weight, I was using a bathroom scale....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great products...We have them on our Comp buggy and they are SAWEET.....
Kevin is the man :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Azrckcrawler said:
Coilovers or coils? Just curious because when I weighed my coilovers they were only 21lbs w/ springs. That was a 2" dia, 16" travel with a 130lb coil, 150lb coil, dual rate kit and tender coil. That seemed really light compared to what I had heard they weighed. Now I am curious if I didn't get the right weight, I was using a bathroom scale....
14” travel 2” Coilovers, I’m not 100% on the weight I was told they weigh aprox 40 lbs and I know that they were dam heavy

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i just got back from the off road expo show and after checking out the whole show i think walkers new prototype clicker shocks were the best new product at the entire show. details to follow soon

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
camo said:
i just got back from the off road expo show and after checking out the whole show i think walkers new prototype clicker shocks were the best new product at the entire show. details to follow soon
You must of missed Bilstein's new 3" extruded aluminum external bypass shock then. :D

How do those differ than the ones fox makes?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
damn thats light... my 2.5" 18ers" way 27 lbs w/o coils. Ill say again damn those things are light.

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
The new WER adjustable shocks are sweet. Can you say 16 different settings?

Their new air shocks are crazy light, too... I would have guessed even lighter than 4 lbs!

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
GOAT1 said:
You must of missed Bilstein's new 3" extruded aluminum external bypass shock then. :D

How do those differ than the ones fox makes?
naw i saw the new bilstiens and of course they are neato but have nothing to do with our universe. if i was gonna build a throphy truck i would be running a set of Robby Gordon shocks :D

as far as comparing the WE to fox....which ones ? the air shocks or the clickers ?

the walker air shocks are lighter than the foxs since the shaft is aluminum. if fox has a clicker they didn't bother to show me when i was in their booth

1 - 20 of 27 Posts